Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Recurring dreams

[ QUOTE ]
I have two recurring dreams. One I'm sure is fairly common while the other, well...

-Being chased and running away from something, but I can't run fast at all becasue there is a very strong wind blowing against me and every time I make some forward progress, I'm pushed backwards. The setting differs, but the wind is always there.

-Getting shot. I often have dreams where I get shot. The setting and shooter differs, but the location (the place on my body where I'm shot) is always the same and it's my stomach. Occasionally, I'll also get shot in my shoulder or my chest, but always the stomach. I have never been shot in real life. In the dream, it hurts like a bitch, and I often wake up clutching my stomach.

[/ QUOTE ]

TiK, if you don't mind my asking, do you have any sort of birthmark on your stomach?

I studied dream interpretation at The School of Metaphysics and am curious.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:44 PM

The only recurring nightmare I've had, and still occassionally have, involves this guy sneaking up on me-

Please analyze......
Old 09-25-2007, 11:03 PM

In high school I had a bunch of dreams where I'd dream I overslept.

Often I would wake up and go shower and then realize its 2 in the morning.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:09 PM

When I was a kid, I used to have a dream where I was falling. I've always been afraid of heights. I'd fall and never get to the bottom--I'd wake up. Then one night I feel--and landed on my feet and walked away unhurt. Never had the dream again.

But I'm still scared of heights. Go figure . . .
Old 09-25-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only recurring nightmare I've had, and still occassionally have, involves this guy sneaking up on me-

Please analyze......

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, I've done some analysis, and I've discovered the root source of your problem.

It was bears.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I frequently have the "I'm in some class and just realize that I did no work the whole year and now it's all due zomg" dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have that same kind of dream once or twice a year. Usually for me it's that I forgot I had enrolled in some class and now it's either at the end of the term or maybe we just passed the first exam when I realize I haven't been going and don't even remember where it is. And I'm 31 now, haven't been in college for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this dream too, but with an agonizing twist: I JUST BARELY don't have enough time to completely the task. For example, I have an exam in 4 hours that I would normally need 10 hours to prepare for, or I have 3 minutes to make it to a class that I would normally need 5 minutes to sprint to. In my dream I am always frantically trying to complete the task as best as I can (maybe I won't get an A but I can pull off a C), and then I wake up really stressed out.

I have this dream every month, every other month, something like that. I haven't been able to find any patterns though on when I have them.

-bigbootch
Old 09-26-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

TiK, if you don't mind my asking, do you have any sort of birthmark on your stomach?

I studied dream interpretation at The School of Metaphysics and am curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

gobbomom,

Other than my bellybutton (I'm an innie), I have no other distinguishing marks on my stomach.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:56 AM

ok, thank you. My theory was wrong.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, thank you. My theory was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh! I was hoping that you had a plan B theory. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 12:45 PM

I had the same dream as everyone else seems to have about being back in school and not attending class for a semester and all of a sudden it's finals and I'm completely unprepared. I'm 37 and my college days are 12+ years behind me. I had this dream once or twice a month for about a year up until about a year ago. I finally figured out that it was my subconscious guilting me for giving up music within 3 years of obtaining my music degree. Once I realized this, I forced myself to start playing again and I haven't had the dream since.