Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 04:29 PM

Default would you say a flush is no good here without a read?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($9.55)
SB ($11.15)
BB ($5.10)
UTG ($3.78)
MP ($2.35)
CO ($5.22)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, SB calls $0.45, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($1.40) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.4</font>, Hero calls $1.40.

River: ($4.20) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

Final Pot: $8.20

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 8h 6h (flush, king high).
SB has As 6d (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins $8.20. </font>
Old 10-15-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: would you say a flush is no good here without a read?

You played this sc to get exactly the hand that you got. So make a commitment plan if you hit your flush, and the rest of the decisions are easier. I value-raise/shove this river quite a bit, because again, if I hit my flush, my chips are going in. If I am not committed to doing that, then I am not playing this hand and folding it pre-flop. Folding this flush is absolutely absurd here.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:37 PM

Why are u raising the flop and not preflop? Raise preflop to show strength then raise a tiny bit bigger on the flop, there are too many people in the hand.
Raise the turn. You dont want a 4th heart killing ur action/screwing you over.

FOR GOD SAKES PUSH THE RIVER. you cant play scared that he has a better flush, that happens so rarely and you are missing a perfect stacking spot. There is not even a full house possible

AND dont show results till some people have commented
Old 10-15-2007, 04:40 PM

You played the hand to hit your flush, then did. Get the rest of your chips in ASAP please before another heart kills your action and kills your hand.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:42 PM

If your SC's hit a flush, make a move. And if you start hitting major resistance THEN you can rethink, but in a lot of cases it's best to get it all in even with resistance and chalk up a better flush to bad luck.

Consider that since 5 hearts are already visible to you, the odds that he has 2 of the remaining hearts is significantly dropped.

Edit: "you're" = "your" because you aren't the suited connectors themselves.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:44 PM

I probably fold pre-flop due to UTG's stack size and the BB only has 50BB's as well. If everyone had 100BB's or nearer it I prefer raising pre-flop though limping is somewhat alright I guess....would be better with 2 limpers ahead of you.

Why are you raising the flop? Just call and draw. Too many people there to raise.

On the turn I like a raise especially after you raised the flop...the flush is kinda disguised.

Shove the river.

You could conceivably just call the turn, pray the river isn't a heart, then shove over his river bet. But if you're pretty sure he'll bet river this may be good cause it can disguise your flush a little more and he may feel more committe to the pot after betting the river.