Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Are semi-bluffs any good at uNL?

Theres .50 in the pot. If you check flop hes going to c-bet .50 prolly. You could take a cheap turn with a good hand. Turn card was a blank. fold.

You both had big stacks so you must have some read on him.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:58 AM

I like this if you are a bit deeper or if you have more outs. as played on the flop he is not going to fold.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, LOL at your loc + this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha, yeah there's some good irony there.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:33 AM

I did have reads, and I neglected to put them in. His numbers over about 100 hands were 22/22/7.3

Any hand he played, he either raised himself or re-raised preflop. And his agression is through the roof. I definitely think I misplayed this, and I really have to get it through my head that these players see a big overpair or tptk as a huge hand.

I'm learning as I go, and hopefully I'll soon turn these situations into profitable ones. Although, I really haven't seen too much stacking off with tptk, which is surprising. I feel like there was actually more of that at $.50/$1.

On the contrary, I've had multiple hands where I think I'm betting for value and an ace high flush just calls on the river, or even a full house. I don't understand why it's going on, but it definitely is.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Although, I really haven't seen too much stacking off with tptk, which is surprising. I feel like there was actually more of that at $.50/$1.

On the contrary, I've had multiple hands where I think I'm betting for value and an ace high flush just calls on the river, or even a full house. I don't understand why it's going on, but it definitely is.

[/ QUOTE ]They stack off with it when you value bet them all three streets or whatever but you're right there is less shoving with it as far as I could tell, definitely the case in 5nl. More players shove all in with nothing than a weak made hand, which they just call down, in my experince at 2nl and 5nl >21k hands. Or, they call shoves like this with middle pair which is why I think doing it is okay because you aren't in terrible shape and suits metagame purposes... i.e. people play back more (i.e. shove with air).