Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: What don\'t you know?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hams - gotcha - so your brag is you made your wife change all the diapers for your kids?

Nice,
-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

is this really as unreasonable as you're insinuating it is? i have a few friends with kids and i doubt they have ever changed a diaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

never having changed a diaper = never having been left alone with your child for any significant amount of time.

that's the problem i see with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i didn't think of it that way i guess. i should not have children.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:31 PM

I don't know how reciting the alphabet backwards helps prove you are not drunk. I can't do it sober. My guess is that people must practice it "like IPPISSISSIM" a few times just to make sure they can do it?

Is that so, or is this a given gift I don't have??
Old 02-16-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know how to change a diaper and I have two kids (veiled brag post)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know how to get my wife to shut up (this one I really am going to work on........soon)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably safe to add "correlation" to the list of things you don't know.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm just saying if i work 40+ hrs a week i probably won't be changing any diapers barring a situation where she goes on vacation or something

[/ QUOTE ]

lol who works in this day and age?
Old 02-16-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm just saying if i work 40+ hrs a week i probably won't be changing any diapers barring a situation where she goes on vacation or something

[/ QUOTE ]

lol who works in this day and age?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, not me brother
Old 02-16-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how reciting the alphabet backwards helps prove you are not drunk. I can't do it sober. My guess is that people must practice it "like IPPISSISSIM" a few times just to make sure they can do it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Everyone says this, and I don't get it. It's the [censored] alphabet. You don't know the last letter? Next to last? It's not like you have to sing it in tune going 200 words per minute. Where do you get to a point when you can't figure out the letter before the one you just said?

zee-why-ex-doubleyou-vee-you-tee...It's not that hard.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hams - gotcha - so your brag is you made your wife change all the diapers for your kids?

Nice,
-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

is this really as unreasonable as you're insinuating it is? i have a few friends with kids and i doubt they have ever changed a diaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

never having changed a diaper = never having been left alone with your child for any significant amount of time.

that's the problem i see with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely part of it.

But I just see it as kind of lame (especially as a brag) - I mean it's not hard to change a diaper - what if you get home after a long day of work, but for some reason your wife is super exhausted from doing her thing?

I mean, pitching in occasionally is kind of a nice thing to do I think, and being able to perform basic child rearing tasks, like cleaning your kid, should be something any parent can do.

-Al
Old 02-16-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Everyone says this, and I don't get it. It's the [censored] alphabet. You don't know the last letter? Next to last? It's not like you have to sing it in tune going 200 words per minute. Where do you get to a point when you can't figure out the letter before the one you just said?

zee-why-ex-doubleyou-vee-you-tee...It's not that hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll admit I must have some mental block, but to me it's just not the same as counting numbers backwards.

I can take a cryptoquote in the newspaper, flip it upside down, and solve it without a pen or pencil, but I can't recite the alphabet backwards. That said, if I spent 5 or 10 minutes practicing it, I'd have it, but why would I do that?

That's why I was asking why it's a sobriety thing?
Old 02-16-2007, 11:07 PM

The mother occasionally teaches me to iron. But I forget immediately after.

I should know how to wire a plug. But I don't.

I've never used a card of any sort to buy anything in a shop, i always pay with cash. I should probably change that if i move to the states, as i've heard you're a credit card society.

Whenever i put money into an arcade video games machine, i always lose it on the first level. I should learn how to survive for longer.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:48 AM

I dont know what QFT means on these messageboards, I know its gotta do with a quote, but, I can't figure out the acronym, on that same note, i see SIIHP or something like that on these boards, and I dont know what that means either (stick it in her pu$$?)....

I dont know how I got the * title, but I think it means I suck as a poster.