Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Your all time favourite WWE/Pro Wrestling moment

[ QUOTE ]

Side note with the slaughter vs. hogan @ wrestle mania. Did you know that originally they planned it for a venue that was outside but had to change location for fear that someone might try to take out slaughter for being a iraqi general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people believe it's the lack of ticket sales which motivated the WWF to move the venue from the LA Memorial Coliseum to the LA Memorial Sports Arena.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of my favorite memories coming from a funny standpoint was when cactus jack entered the royal rumble 3-4 times, can't remember. But no one saw that coming.

From a serious memeory was when macho man and elizabeth got married. It was wierd how emotional the two of them always were with the fans.

Side note with the slaughter vs. hogan @ wrestle mania. Did you know that originally they planned it for a venue that was outside but had to change location for fear that someone might try to take out slaughter for being a iraqi general.

[/ QUOTE ]

If memory serves, that was the stated reason for the venue change, but the real change was made due to soft ticket sales. I could be wrong.

Les
Old 03-07-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of my favorite memories coming from a funny standpoint was when cactus jack entered the royal rumble 3-4 times, can't remember. But no one saw that coming.

From a serious memeory was when macho man and elizabeth got married. It was wierd how emotional the two of them always were with the fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

If memory serves, that was the stated reason for the venue change, but the real change was made due to soft ticket sales. I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not. The safety issues were just to save face b/c they couldn't sell any tickets.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:13 PM

The evil twin brother was shocking as it was so innovative. I was completely floored when it happened as I never knew Dave had a twin brother. When Dave ran out after the match it was definately a WTF moment. I remembered the announcers at the time mentioned that Ted Debiase must've paid the imposter a fee to get cosmetic surgery to look like Dave Hebner. LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I was a stupid kid back then and actually believed it.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:43 AM

Heres another moment and this might not have been seen by all. It was during a free for all that used to be shown for 30 minutes before pay per views. And the match was Steve Austin and Yokozuna. This match was eith stone colds first match or austins can't remember. But yokozuna climbed the turnbuckle to do a suma drop or splash or whatever and the turnbuckle broke. Once again I was young, but can anyone confirm this memory for me and how it exactly went.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Heres another moment and this might not have been seen by all. It was during a free for all that used to be shown for 30 minutes before pay per views. And the match was Steve Austin and Yokozuna. This match was eith stone colds first match or austins can't remember. But yokozuna climbed the turnbuckle to do a suma drop or splash or whatever and the turnbuckle broke. Once again I was young, but can anyone confirm this memory for me and how it exactly went.

[/ QUOTE ]

Summerslam 96. Match lasted 1:52. Yoko went for the Banzi Drop, fell, Austin did a roll-up. This was two months after Austin won the King of the Ring.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:43 AM

ok thanks, so it was planned then.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Evil Twin Referree

[/ QUOTE ]

This resulted in one of the greatest post-match Hogan promos of all-time. Visibly shaken and exhausted, on the verge of crying, Hogan belts out

"HOW MANY MILLIONS FOR THE PLASTIC SURGERY, BROTHER?"
Old 03-08-2007, 11:42 AM

I don't think its been mentioned yet, but I really enjoyed the whole Outsiders/WCW thing. That was before I was into the internet, and it seemed like Razor Ramon and Diesel had really "invaded" WCW.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:47 PM

June 28, 1982
[ QUOTE ]
Snuka received several title shots at WWF Champion Bob Backlund, their most famous match together being a steel cage bout at Madison Square Garden on June 28, 1982 in which Snuka leapt from the top of the cage, barely missing Backlund who managed to escape the cage for the win. The contest would be declared Match of the Year by Pro Wrestling Illustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]