Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 07:21 PM

Default 25plo advice *plz* + I shove possible 17 out draw

Would appreciate some advice/comments/criticism on the following hands, all 25PLO. Hand 1 im pretty confident I played perfectly, but still would like some comments. My questions/thoughts are after each hand. <3

Hand 1
Stack sizes:
Hero: $26.80
Button: $7.25
SB: $75.40
BB: $33.90

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.25</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $2.25.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($7.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $7.5</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $7.5 returned to BB.
Final pot: $7.5

Not getting the pot odds to call. What do you put him on here? I'm pretty confident he only had trips. Would you play it the same? Would you raise all in here? What would you do if the turn was a deuce or a J, versus a bet and versus a check? I probably check through if its harmless and try to improve.

Hand 2
Stack sizes:
Hero: $27.75
CO: $24.40
Button: $5.30
SB: $36.25
BB: $15.10

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $0.75</font>, Button folds, SB calls $0.65, BB folds, Hero calls $0.5.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.4</font>, CO calls $2.4, SB folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($7.3, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6.95</font>, CO calls $6.95.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($21.2, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

Results:
Final pot: $21.2
CO shows K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a flush, King high)
CO collected $20.20 from pot

Preflop play sucks... (feel free to bash me 4 it anyway, maybe it will sink in). I did tell myself I would fold if nobody else called, but the SB stuck around though. Normally I bet smaller on the turn here, but then I usually get (min)raised. Then I usually don't believe the guy because I was the one showing weakness. So my thought at the time was to pot b/c I knew it would let me know for sure I was beat and fold to any raise. Really would like suggestions on a better line here.

Hand 3
Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1, UTG+1 calls $1, CO calls $1.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($5.1, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($5.1, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $4.85</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $19.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $23.75</font>, Hero calls $4.35.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($52.6, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $52.6)

Results:
Final pot: $52.6
BB shows J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Jacks full of Deuces)
Hero mucks
BB collected $50 from pot

Ok so I only had 14 outs, I thought I might have had more, Checked the flop b/c my hand wasnt that great and we were 4way, standard? But damn did the turn give me outs. During the hand I figured the villian was strong, I figured 2 pair and some kind of draw. What do you put someone on when they check the flop and pot the turn, instantly a set? Im guessing at least 2 pr (on a non made board like this anyway, usually they have a straight) Does it matter if they were the BB? I really didn't mind getting all my money in with nothing but draws to the nuts even after I read him as strong, but this hand is kind of bizarre and would like some feedback still.

Hand 4
Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $1.1</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.85.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.55, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $2.55</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 calls all-in $6.1</font>.
Uncalled bets: $1.55 returned to Hero.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($19.85, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $19.85)

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($19.85, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $19.85)

Results:
Final pot: $19.85
<font color="#000000">Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font>
<font color="#000000">UTG+1 showed K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font>
UTG+1 wins the pot ($18.90) with a pair of Aces

Preflop play sucks, I really need to tighten up my oop play. Flop play is idunno. I liked that flop, even though 89 had me dead I was pretty sure he didnt have it. Still probably shouldn't have drawn at the low end of the straight?? I checked knowing he would overcomitt himself and planning to check raise. Anyone like this ? Anyone hate it? Gah the preflop sux. Advice please.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: 25plo advice *plz* + I shove possible 17 out draw

I think you need to rethink your general strategy.

It looks to me like you constantly try to bluff at "unbluffable" stakes against loose/passive players.
Either that or you overvalue your hands greatly.

You played every hand like NLHE.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to rethink your general strategy.

It looks to me like you constantly try to bluff at "unbluffable" stakes against loose/passive players.
Either that or you overvalue your hands greatly.

You played every hand like NLHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but for now I am going to flat out ignore this advice. Your assessment of playing it like nlhe is very spot on, I am a nlhe player switching to omaha. I definately did overvalue the draw in the last hand. I do overvalue my hands in general (in nlhe and apparently plo too. in nlhe i have trouble w/ losing too much $ with overpairs and tpgk). I also play too much headsup which results in some questionable plays. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So for now I am disregarding your advice, but would definately like to hear specific hand critiques. Or answer these Q's:
Hand 1: Any faults here?
Hand 2: Fold preflop utg right? Flopped 2nd nut straight on a flush draw board oop, what is your play here? Turn is a big scare card, your play oop?
Hand 3: Turn gives you a gutshot, open ended str8 draw and a nutflush draw, opponent bets pot, your play?
Hand 4: Fold preflop right? On the flop oop with 3 4 5 or 8 gives me a straight, your play? Lead? Check/fold? Check/call?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:29 PM

1) fine
2) Yeah, fold preflop. I bet again on the turn but less, like $5. I occasionally tilt-bluff the river.
3) You can generally just call here, the other flush draw potentially kills some of your outs, you don't even have a pair to showdown and villain tends to have stronger than normal hands here as it looks like he's missed his flop checkraise.
4) fold preflop. As played, fine, you can bet-call a lot more often here though.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) fine
2) Yeah, fold preflop. I bet again on the turn but less, like $5. I occasionally tilt-bluff the river.
3) You can generally just call here, the other flush draw potentially kills some of your outs, you don't even have a pair to showdown and villain tends to have stronger than normal hands here as it looks like he's missed his flop checkraise.
4) fold preflop. As played, fine, you can bet-call a lot more often here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply,
hand #2 brings up a good concept question. When you bet w/ a straight on a flush draw board oop and get called, how often do you put the opponent on the flush draw? Or what kind of range do you usually put them on?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:08 PM

You're much more likely to put them on a flush draw on this board than, for example, a 69T 2-suited board.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:19 AM

If you ignore advice, don't expect me to give you any! imo
Old 11-02-2007, 01:03 AM

I dont ignore advice, I'll appreciate any advice I get. I was stating I'm not going to follow his suggestion of rethinking completely my approach to the game. It's just way too general and too time consuming. I'd be grateful if he replied again and called me an idiot and just told me to play less draws out of position or something more specific. Don't give up on me yet, : )