Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Philosophical thought about LHE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice name and gender, but piss off

(or just post this in the NC thread)

[/ QUOTE ]

ban, misogynist

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't call me a misogynist... I said nice gender! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice name and gender, but piss off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave,

This is a fine thread. What are you doing telling someone who wrote a fine post to piss off?
Old 10-27-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice name and gender, but piss off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave,

This is a fine thread. What are you doing telling someone who wrote a fine post to piss off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, firstly, you're right. I'm actually kinda embarassed, but whatever, I have to deal with it now.

I just didn't think it was very productive use of time for people replying. That's all. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

But I realize at the same time that my personal opinion about that isn't really relevant here... and it's not like I started out where I am now.

I don't know, maybe NC thread is wrong spot for it... beginner forums? *shrug*

lol I'm still an ass though.

---------------

Redemption Time? I discovered that I can't spot hidden outs very well and don't always correctly judge hand strength on draws and made hands -- I suggest to you guys that you review that section of your game... hopefully I'll do that for myself soon. Just for starters I suggest you guys go over the hidden outs quiz in SSHE and see if you can answer them correctly. They're surprisingly hard.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:25 PM

1) I tend to find proper NL play boring because you play so much tigher, and a lot of it is waiting for good hands etc. in limit I can play more hands.

I'd say 300BB for FR is fine. I'm playing just a tad less than 300BB at 6max, but this is due to variance and I think I'll be dropping stakes for a bit.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:00 PM

IMO limit tournaments are very boring. But cash game is super fun (did that sound corny enough). It's more play in limit since there are not those giant bets killing the pot. Also no one can prevent me from seeing a show-down if I wish.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:02 PM

No one can prevent you from seeing a showdown in NL, either. Now, if you want to say no one can make it too expensive for me to see a showdown in limit, that's just plain wrong.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one can prevent you from seeing a showdown in NL, either. Now, if you want to say no one can make it too expensive for me to see a showdown in limit, that's just plain wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Was more thinking of the 'Just want to see how the little xxxx drawed out on me again'-kind of calls. U can make them in NL too, but it will be too expensesive compared with the satisfaction to see how unlucky you are. Nothing I recomend or am proud of though...
Old 10-27-2007, 06:24 PM

Yeah, those are definitely a bad habit. In LHE, you deal and receive death by 1000 little cuts. In NL, you just drop nukes. One cut doesn't hurt you as much as a nuke, but you're bleeding just the same.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:47 PM

I wouldn't recommend LHE unless you really prefer it to NL, if only because NL is more profitable at small stakes.

There are many more games running and the true gamblers prefer the rush they get playing NL.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:12 PM

For me the limit no limit decision was a no brainer. Limit required a much greater range of skills to develop than NL. From a learning point of view, there is a lot more information to glean from with limit vs no limit. The principles of value betting, pot odds, counting outs not to mention blind defense and blind stealing concepts are much less expensive to learn in limit.

At the same time LHE requires a much smaller bankroll and imo a lot less hands to acknowledge your own ability than NL.

My plan of attack when I started was to learn fr first, dabbling in other games like 7 card stud and NL but for very little stakes.

If your plan is to learn Limit so as to improve your overall poker skills then I wouldn't worry about bankroll as much as if you were planning on making LHE your main game.

If you are unsure of what limit to start at with regards to your bankroll, I developed a pretty reasonable challenge that helps you settle into the highest level without taking a hugh variance risk.

It's called the Pyramid Bankroll Challenge. Think its still searchable.