Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

Guys, there are news media looking at these threads. If you are going to start digging for more AP accounts,

1)Get your facts straight and at least spellcheck the names,
2)Post DB screenshots in the OP,
3)Make sure it at least passes the smell test. If I weren't lazy this morning I'd already have banned the guy who suggested potroast was in on it, because he's clearly not and the guy clearly hasn't watched the hand history.

IOW, stop it. We don't need this any more than we need to be accusing Seif without more evidence than we have right now.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:45 AM

Default AP current CEO?

I found several sources claiming that Gian Perroni is the poker room manager at AP...however I also found a filing between Absolute Entertainment and Mahjong inc. that certies him as the CEO as of 9/20/06.

Either way, he is highly placed in the company, was the 7th employee they hired and would not be a bad person to get in touch with regarding this situation.

He is also the president of CanAffco, a Canadian affiliate company. His AP email address is public info gian@absolutepoker.com
Old 10-18-2007, 10:46 AM

They know its a forum and they aren't going to take everything seriously.

Its basically the reason they still haven't picked up the story.

Default Book?

It would make for some great reading if you could get everyone involved in this (cheaters included) together and divulge everything and make a book out of it. Instant best-seller.

Heck, you could get some good TV out of it with a documentary with interviews, and/or a movie. I have a feeling the cheaters would rather lay low and try to avoid any penalties (such as fines, ruined careers, jail time, and general beatdowns fro angry poker players they stole from) for the time being though.

my suggest to the p5 guys that actually got access to the office, bring a database guy with you. look up X cheaters last cash game, see who is spectating. also run a query for tables 363 has spectated and see what his friends winnings on those tables were. Their database obviously logs when people enter a table to spectate and when they leave, all you need is to form the right query (ie select tournament_id,table_id where user='363' and action='enter_table'). its a trivial matter to find out what tables and when 363 was spectating. pick a tourney id or casht able session where xyzcheaterfriend won. you will get instant indisputable answers to clear or condemn... well if they let you see ANY or just a FEW hh.

this is what the auditors will be doing, but why wait? you dont have to read every one and check every possibility like the auditors, i imagine in 15 m inutes of database access i would be completely convinced one way or the other. (also why their monthly security audits and their first investigation into the last tourney potripper played was complete bs)
Old 10-18-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, well, I talked to MSNBC yesterday and have an ESPN interview this afternoon
Old 10-18-2007, 10:48 AM

Interesting... can you give us the time for the airing so we can watch??
Old 10-18-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jehaim honestly nothing would surprise me at this point- it's just that any connection was too tenuous to try to find something solid in this thread. That was my mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was probably a coincidence as well, because there are a lot of players in Montana (Ray Zee ftw), but thanks for running that down.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:50 AM

to just reinforce what ad said, this is what I said in the last thread

[ QUOTE ]

Guys, please refrain from witch hunts for now. It is pretty scary and could get us into trouble. We have absolute by the balls and we should just keep up the pressure on spreading the news of what we 100% KNOW is cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more noise you create the less people will focus on the undeniable facts. Our focus should be on spreading the word and not going on witch hunts. We know cheating exists, we have a very strong case and there is no point diluting our case by going on a witchhunt.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, well, I talked to MSNBC yesterday and have an ESPN interview this afternoon

[/ QUOTE ]

this is probably dumb for me to ask, but are you serious?
Closed Thread