Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: passive fish fights back

I agree with posters saying that we need to know more about our villain, the stats do not say it all. But I simply cannot see him with 0! preflop raises being at all aggressive postflop with anything but the nuts.

If you count A6 or A4 in his range for the raise, we are still way behind, we need a Q or runner-runner pair, or if he has A4 also a 6 to win. Are we going to call a $5 bet on the turn when a 7 comes? No. Even if a Q comes we still have reverse implied if we are up against AA. So even if we think we have outs, counting in the reverse implied make this so bad, I would give this up.

EDIT: a passive player suddenly c/r? How come he does not raise preflop, but he knows how to c/r? This is so out of character, that I think he does so on purpose. He has found a way of milking by limping in preflop and c/r people for value who don't think he can have anything playing like that.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: passive fish fights back

I find this post very interesting. On the limits I play (25NL) I would not fold here. A lot of villains think zoooomg I've hit my ace!!! Check raise!! Or something like that.

But...

As some of you suggest, you should fold here, because the villain does something that is not in line with what he normally does. Now my question; is this a general tell? When villains behave different than you would expect, they have a big hand?

Just a (stupid?) question from a beginner...