Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Oh Boy....

http://www.lewrockwell.com/murphy/murphy123.html

Now let's see people (read: MSM) start putting their mouths where the money is.

I've loved Ron Paul since I knew who he was. But I've been on the pessimistic end of his actual chances. This, however, quickly changes everything in my mind.

I just keep coming back to how far-fetched it would be to think of the Republican Party, with all its far right interests and the strength of Fox News, etc., nominating a staunch anti-war libertarian. It just seems like something that can't possibly be any better than 0%.

But the ace in the hole, I think, is Hilary. She becomes more inevitable every day. The further she can distance herself from Giuliani and the other mainstream hopefuls, the more the base will panic. As ludicrous as it might seem, in this twisted era, to see the Republicans nominate a candidate who can be described as anti-war, pro drugs, pro gay rights, it would be more ludicrous to think they would ignore ANY option that might stop Hilary Clinton from being President.

I think aside from the fact that Paul would just tear her to shreds in a one-on-one debate, Hilary's campaign just wouldn't know what to do. They've been positioning for the general election from the start, and suddenly waking up against a candidate like Paul who can steal a lot of *her* base and who will force her off her "wave hands/scream and cheer about being Hilary Clinton" strategy could be disastrous. Really, nominating an ANTI-IRAQ candidate would be a brilliant twist, and maybe the only chance the Reps have of winning this election. And stopping Hilary.