Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Cbet? Turnbet?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I bet the turn because villain is awful and could have called just because nobody else did and he feels like
floating. Check behind on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you bet the turn you damn well better bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I agree with this (betting river if called on turn) which makes me sad because I think Victor is much better than me.

My reasoning is that if he calls on the turn he's calling the river as well if he has you beat. I think we can agree that he's not folding an A and certainly not a T. If he's calling the turn with an 8, I don't think he's folding it on the river. He's probably not trying to hit 2 pair since the board is already paired nor do I think he's calling for his 2 outter.

If he misses with any drawing hand we almost certainly have him beat and he's not calling so betting doesn't make sense. The only thing I think we might be able to fold him off of that we don't beat is if he has some draw and he hits a pair on the river. I think that that is so infrequent that betting into his bad A or 8 or pp that he's calling down with is a losing play.

Alright, tell me why I'm wrong.