Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 09:27 PM

Default $60 weird thin push spot late

Not really sure what to do here. Feel like this is my last chance to make a move with some FE. Opposing stacks are somewhat favorable, but overall its a bad situation. Let me know what you guys think. I don't really think powertools is too helpful here because I'm not likely to get a +ev situation, so i need to take the least -ev situation available.

Full Tilt Poker Game #3614383399: $55 + $5 Sit & Go (Turbo) (27580086), Table 1 - 200/400 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:10:59 ET - 2007/09/19
Seat 1: Deichgnorf (1,410)
Seat 2: comre (2,020)
Seat 3: Metnut (1,090)
Seat 4: Billy Ripken (1,330)
Seat 5: ss47 (1,730)
Seat 6: JohnyCashOut2 (1,980)
Seat 7: longballer82 (1,820)
Seat 9: bostonbsbll (2,120)
ss47 posts the small blind of 200
JohnyCashOut2 posts the big blind of 400
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Metnut [8s 2c]
longballer82 has 15 seconds left to act
longballer82 folds
bostonbsbll folds
Deichgnorf folds
comre folds
Metnut ???

PS: I copied part of the hand history from my hand history folder and then pasted that exact part into the hand converters and got an error message. If im missing something stupid and thats why its not working, please PM me what i need to do, or just reply.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: $60 weird thin push spot late

billyripkin and jonhnnycashout2 probably know you are shoving light and will adjust their calling ranges. I would wait for something better even though you are 2.5x and it's folded to you. If it wasn't jonhy's BB I would probably shove but I doubt he folds much getting laid almost 3-1 on the call.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:36 PM

This would be a spot I would consider almost perfect to shove. You have to pick a spot within the next three hands, but this is a perfect situation. Though your hand is not strong the range of hands your opponents will risk their tournament life on is small. Push here, but letting it go and pushing in the next three hands is not an unreasonable move.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:56 PM

i fold incredibly fast. stacks are not really favorable when there are 8 players left. it is not like the sb and bb are gonna fold A6o/K8s/33 or whatever. you are gonna get looked up really light. just wait and try to pick up a hand before posting.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:01 PM

omg this isnt thin its godawful
Old 09-19-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
omg this isnt thin its godawful

[/ QUOTE ]

explain? im a pretty good sng player and am having a hard time on this hand. i understand my FE is low, but its certainly not zero, cause anyone who calls me loses all of their FE if they lose, so i think 25-35% of the time i can get a fold, and i can still win the pot about 25-30% of the rest of time. is it really better to push with K6 from utg or get blinded out?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:12 PM

You still have 4 hands before you're blinded in, I'd probably rather be blinded in than shove here. If the BB is good he shouldn't fold anything, and if any of these guys are regs and see you shoved complete crap with very little FE it has a negative effect on your image in the future. I'd say shoving K6 utg is better than shoving 82o here, at least your hand has some value.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You still have 4 hands before you're blinded in, I'd probably rather be blinded in than shove here. If the BB is good he shouldn't fold anything, and if any of these guys are regs and see you shoved complete crap with very little FE it has a negative effect on your image in the future. I'd say shoving K6 utg is better than shoving 82o here, at least your hand has some value.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you, i guess the moral is to not get into that position in the first place. i tend to have a hard time when the blinds get big and its like 7-8 handed.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the BB is good he shouldn't fold anything, and if any of these guys are regs and see you shoved complete crap with very little FE it has a negative effect on your image in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

billyripkin, longballer2 and johhnycashout2 are all regulars.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you, i guess the moral is to not get into that position in the first place. i tend to have a hard time when the blinds get big and its like 7-8 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh, sometimes you just get no spots and there's nothing to do but sit around and be patient, although I do agree with you that when it gets to this point you have to try and take the option that's the "least worst." The problem with that is the inability to predict the future.