Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Have a found a reason why AC will fail, that ACists will agree with?

A large number of males with no access to the gene pool.

I hope we can all see why that would be a bad thing. We simply can't expect these men to sit idle, based on some arbitrary policy of non aggression when their biology forces them to act otherwise.

The general principle of free markets is that people do what's in there best interest. Typically this leads to results that all will benefit from. However with things like marriage, this self interested action could cause the entire system to fall. In fact encouraging marriage and being able to enforce a one man one women rule might be necessary to starve off revolution, or less grand acts of aggression. Acts of aggression are common in countries with large ammounts of males that are denied access to quality females, and peace rare.

The reason is simple free market economics. There are plenty of men that are worth 6 times, 20 times, 1000 times as much as the ACists on this board. Their wives acting in self interest would be better of with those men, even if they only had access to 1/6th 1/20th or 1/1000th of them. Economics and the policy of freedom dictates that without outside interference the quality reproductive opportunities would become hoarded by a fraction of the male population.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Have a found a reason why AC will fail, that ACists will agree with?

Yeah because women really like being sexually unfulfilled in exchange for money. I'd say that rich women having harems of men is far more likely.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Have a found a reason why AC will fail, that ACists will agree with?

If this were the case, what on Earth would stop my hypothetical wife from leaving me for another man now?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Have a found a reason why AC will fail, that ACists will agree wit

[ QUOTE ]
If this were the case, what on Earth would stop my hypothetical wife from leaving me for another man now?

[/ QUOTE ]
That isn't very likely to happen. So you(hypothetically) personally are fairly safe.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah because women really like being sexually unfulfilled in exchange for money. I'd say that rich women having harems of men is far more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]
So no chance of this happening on a larger scale?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:55 PM

No, the mentality of those three does not represent the large percentage of the female population.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:55 PM

No more chance than it has of happening now. It's not like there are any differences that would change it.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, the mentality of those three does not represent the large percentage of the female population.

[/ QUOTE ]A large majority of the female population doesn't like rich successful men? I'd say it might be Hugh's professional life that is different then the other men not the mentality of women. There are also a number of incentives that exist such as tax credits, as well as it's illegal to have more then one wife.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:05 PM

What about the fact that, even though (some) women are attracted to rich, successful men, (for others, it's not an issue) the number of women who would tolerate being one of many wives has to be extremely low.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are also a number of incentives that exist such as tax credits, as well as it's illegal to have more then one wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously suggesting that:

a) People engage in monogamy for the tax credits?
b) People who get married never sleep with anyone but their spouse because that's the law?

For real? You think this is how humans act?