Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Why I don\'t like Bellagio

I don't play at Bellagio a lot, but was there a few days this past week while I was in town.
1. Uncomfortable chairs. It's nice to sit back, but when you try to sit upright there is no lower back support.
2. The chairs are on rollers, but rarely/barely roll!
3. $20 chips are confusing to me at no limit-probably just me
4. No damn room!!

Of course the NL games were great action and there was a lot of eye candy so I guess you have to put up w/ the bad...or go to Venetian or Wynn.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Why I don\'t like Bellagio

That's it? Really? What kind of poker player are you? A REAL poker player will play if the game is in the middle of a busy intersection, during an earthquake and while a riot is going on.

Plus, he'll sit on lumpy chairs at a table that's so soft and sloped that he can't stack his chips.

Sack up and get with the program!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Uncomfortable chairs. It's nice to sit back, but when you try to sit upright there is no lower back support.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to comment on this one. When the Bellagio poker room opened all anyone could talk about is how great the chairs were.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's it? Really? What kind of poker player are you? A REAL poker player will play if the game is in the middle of a busy intersection, during an earthquake and while a riot is going on.

Plus, he'll sit on lumpy chairs at a table that's so soft and sloped that he can't stack his chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be more comfortable than the Bellagio.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to comment on this one. When the Bellagio poker room opened all anyone could talk about is how great the chairs were.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this exact same thing; Otter if you are still in town, PM me. I know who you are but you dont know me, I am having a few other detroit cats to my abode here tomorrow for a bbq in the afternoon followed by most likely the Venetian.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, having swivel chairs with wheels, tilt, and height adjustment was a revolutionary idea at the time.

Now all those chairs are about ten years old. Some started breaking down right away. I imagine that almost all of them are crippled by now.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:30 PM

Here are some better reasons why I hate bellagio:

Floor person for the high limit no limit area is often that asian cougar that can't speak English well. Why in God's name would you hire someone to call out names from a list when they can't speak/understand English well AT ALL.

I tell her my name is "Gabriel". She writes down "Mable". The next night I just tell her my initials (GSC). She writes down "BFE". The next night I tell her my initials are GAB, she writes down DAV. I couldn't find a combination of letters/numbers that she could understand. When I would try to correct her, she would get angry and impatient.

What's even worse is her accent is so thick that you can't understand what she's saying half the time.

The old man that takes names down in the front (low limit) area is a huge dousche. He gets mad at me if I ask any question about the list, switching tables, etc.. They all act like they are doing you a favor by doing their job.

Until recently, you could not get a seat without bribing the floor people. I had my name bumped completely from the list 3 nights in a row a year ago. I was watching the list like a hawk and it would just "mysteriously" disappear while players that had just arrived were immediately given seats at 10/25 NL (Or was it 10/20NL, I don't remember?).

Anyway...In my opinion they have become very complacent and rude to their customers.

Oh, and don't even think about getting a comp - Unless you want to grease a floor person $20 for a voucher that is barely worth the size of the bribe.

That place is crap. Too bad players don't get sick of the B.S. and go to the Wynn where they treat you like they actually want your patronage.

Thank God for Commerce (a.k.a. Poker heaven.)
Old 09-02-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are some better reasons why I hate bellagio:

Floor person for the high limit no limit area is often that asian cougar that can't speak English well. Why in God's name would you hire someone to call out names from a list when they can't speak/understand English well AT ALL.

I tell her my name is "Gabriel". She writes down "Mable". The next night I just tell her my initials (GSC). She writes down "BFE". The next night I tell her my initials are GAB, she writes down DAV. I couldn't find a combination of letters/numbers that she could understand. When I would try to correct her, she would get angry and impatient.

What's even worse is her accent is so thick that you can't understand what she's saying half the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL. Sounds like that Seinfeld episode.

[ QUOTE ]
That place is crap. Too bad players don't get sick of the B.S. and go to the Wynn where they treat you like they actually want your patronage.

[/ QUOTE ]

My last three trips to Vegas, I haven't set foot in Bellagio.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My last three trips to Vegas, I haven't set foot in Bellagio.

[/ QUOTE ]

From your posts here I don't blame you, you don't play limits big enough that it matters, i wouldn't play at the Bellagio either if I were in your shoes.

All - 95% of the Bellagio hate comes from people who do not play at significant limits. Bellagio is primarily a high limit room, these players don't complain that much because it doesn't matter when its the only or nearly-only game in town. This immediately disqualifies the vast majority of Bellagio gripes we hear on 2+2.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 PM

You are right. I only play up to 10/25 NL. However, that often is the biggest NL game available at Bellagio. Maybe you are talking about the bigger limit games? I don't know.

That being said--I do know service when I see it. I don't think it matters how much money you have, or what limits you play at. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize when people are being rude douschebags.

When I go to Commerce and play 10/20NL, I literally am treated like I'm famous. The staff act like they love their job, and are in a good mood.

Bellagio is the polar opposite. They've held the "big game" for so long that they think customer service no longer matters. I really think they believe that they are doing you a favor by "letting" you play there. The arrogance is palpable.

All that said...I play at Bellagio everytime I'm forced to be in Vegas. The games are very soft at 5/10NL and 10/25NL. I'm there to make money, so I can deal with the B.S.. I just wish people were smart enough to take their business elsewhere. (People who aren't playing solely to make money.)