Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Kendall traded...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After the bye the Jets play home against Pittsburgh

[/ QUOTE ]

Curtis Martin day for anyone who's int. I will be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any extra tickets? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After the bye the Jets play home against Pittsburgh

[/ QUOTE ]

Curtis Martin day for anyone who's int. I will be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any extra tickets? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, sorry. Got 2. Me and my bro. If something happens though its yours.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
like I said, 9 games vs teams who won't be in post season, some of them twice against 1 team obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 of those games vs Miami and Buffalo, where if you knew anything about those games, no matter what, they play eachother HARD. Some of the hardest hits can come from those games. I would not be suprised for Buff and/or Miami to beat us at home, and I wouldn't be suprised to beat them at home. You are throwing away Buffalo as a bad team because of an 0-2 record, then you clearly don't watch football. They played a great game week 1 vs denver, then had a very tough game @ pitts.

Are you really going to say the Cleveland isn't a team capable of winning? Did you not witness the score of 51 they put up? I don't care what defense you are facing, 51 points is something special. That offense is loaded with potential, and the defense has its strong spots.

Just because a team won't make the playoffs does not mean they are a weak team that you can [censored] roll over. Both Denver and Cinci didn't make the playoffs last year, does that mean they are a [censored] team? They both have potential to make a deep playoff, possible superbowl run. Washington? Strong as hell offense, a defense that should be recognized as a playoff defense. The Giants have a terrible defense, but they have a very strong offense that could put up plenty of points agaisnt teams.

Before you spout out random [censored] of 'They no make playoffs. they suck' atleast back up your talk mang.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just sounds like you're making a lot of excuses. Fact is every team in the NFL can play well on any given day. You know this, and I know this. Denver just found that out yesterday. But you have to win those games if you want to see 10-6. And I'm just saying that you're playing 9 games against teams who won't play in the playoffs. It's softer then a lot of schedules out there. No need to get testy.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:23 PM

Magra,

Excellent points.

If the Jets ever finish 4-12 chances are they have at least half of their wins against the Bills and 'Fins combined.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I'm just saying that you're playing 9 games against teams who won't play in the playoffs. It's softer then a lot of schedules out there. No need to get testy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please name the teams with harder schedules than the Jets in your mind. Last year's AFC Division winners (that's probably even debatable except the Pats) and maybe the Bengals & Steelers. I might be missing one or two more teams but that's probably it.

FWIW, If you go by last years winning % the Jets have the 7th toughest schedule in the league.

This is also not an excuse I'm using/will use when the Jets don't make the playoffs. If you read earlier posts in this thread you'll see that I though this is an 8-8 team +/- 2 wins before the season even started.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:42 PM

Where do you guys even see me saying "you have to make the playoffs" ? I think the Jets are going 6-10 or something, and have absolutely no shot at playoffs. I'm just saying it won't be because of the schedule. it'll be tough injuries and bad play from the defense.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:46 PM

Whitebread,

Your one of the posters in this thread who gave some insight into the Jets season.

So far I have agreed with your assesment of the Jets.

I also agree that the Jets have a difficult schedule.

We knew going in we had a tough season, it amazes me that anyone would say the Jets have an easy schedule this season.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:49 PM

The Dolphins and Bills are just bad. If you guys can't put them away, then I don't know what to tell you. But my guys found out yesterday how bad those Dolphins are. And the Bills...man they're just plain brutal.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where do you guys even see me saying "you have to make the playoffs" ? I think the Jets are going 6-10 or something, and have absolutely no shot at playoffs. I'm just saying it won't be because of the schedule. it'll be tough injuries and bad play from the defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please go troll somewhere else..please.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Dolphins and Bills are just bad. If you guys can't put them away, then I don't know what to tell you. But my guys found out yesterday how bad those Dolphins are. And the Bills...man they're just plain brutal.

[/ QUOTE ]

yippee 4 easy divisional games - but it's not even like buffalo and miami are going to be legendarily awful.

i'm not a jets fan but your argument is really dumb.