Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Banking question

Hi,

Ok so I am a student using my savings to live, pay rent, and lose at poker. My checking account starts to get low, so I call my credit union and have a check sent to myself. I deposit the check, via the ATM deposit with an envelope. Apparently I had forgotten to endorse the check. Naturally the check goes through, I am credited the money, and three days later the money is taken away from my account. Everything seems fine here so far. Then... FOR THE NEXT EIGHT DAYS MY STUPID BANK LETS ME OVERDRAFT WITHOUT NOTICE, AND I DISCOVER MY $400 IN OVERDRAFT FEES ONLY AFTER LOGGING INTO MY OWN ACCOUNT ONLINE.

So whats my play? I have been a very good customer with this bank for years, I have probably had a total of one over drafts previous to this. If I had KNOWN that I was overdrafting, I would not have been overdrafting. I have already opened up a checking account with my new bank, and I plan to pay my previous bank the money I spent. However I am not planning on paying them their fees. Any advice on who to talk two, who to write two, what to do about this? Any comments welcome.

Platonic