Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 PM

Default I will mentor you for free

I want to mentor for free up to 10 players who i believe show good understanding of the fundamentals of poker and with my help i could get you guys from your current stakes to being where ever you want to get with poker. The students who i feel have the most potential and best attitudes will be the ones selected.

This will be mostly done through you sweating my sessions. This is why i'm doing this as free mentoring rather than charging for coaching. It will be at my stakes but i will speak about the adjustments i'd make if i was against a low stakes player, or how being against a thinking player changes the hand.

Other than this i'd also like it if we have our own small site w/ community forum and ability to host videos. So we can start threads on interesting hands in videos or post hands for you to decide the plays on. For this reason one of the selected must be able and willing to set that up.

Eventually i would like this to become a very small dedicated community in which everyone helps each other. For this reason i'm going to choose players from a variety of stakes and ages but all of you must be willing to give back to the community by helping the others. Be this uploading videos, posting comments or posting hands.

What you MUST have:

- A long term clear, measurable and timed goal of what you want from poker.

- A good listener, able to put your ego to one side

- Potential

- A long standing 2p2 account w/ no bad rep

- A high strategy to junk post ratio

- Be able to work programs like skype, logmein etc

- Cash NLHE as your main game.

- Willingness to help others.

- A headset or mic, heh.

What you don't need:

- To be playing higher stakes

- High previous earnings.

What you must NOT have:

- A smug attitude.

- A rigid style or unwillingness to expand your style.

- A superiority complex or argumentative nature.

- Any posts such as 'omg/fast/lol fold/shove'.

This would be a good example of someone with a good grasp of fundamentals and this a good example of attitude towards poker. I don't expect that level just that ambition.

The part i get out of this is that i play better when always explaining my thought process, i play better when i always have a clear goal in mind, i play more often when enjoying poker, i feel i will be getting more out of poker from helping you guys, i feel i will be more likely to force myself to keep on progressing with my game and i get to tell everyone 'i mentored him' when you win WSOP. I wont be charging anything for this, or putting ads on the site, or trying to make money from this.

My qualifications are played for 4 years beat 5/10 and 10/20 for 4 years. Currently playing exclusively 5/10 euro or 10/20 euro. 105k biggest ever month. 80k biggest ever downstreak (party blackjack 5k bets ha). Used to avg 14h/week for my first 3 years of playing, now trying to avg 32hr/week. Goal is a stress free poker career because of huge confidence in my game.

Apply in this thread with 1. How you are currently improving your game 2. Your poker goals. 3. Your current stakes and past earnings 4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. 5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply. Please apply ONLY in this thread.

Lastly, after mentioning this to a few people it seems some other people might be interested in also being a mentor. If you are PM me.

edit: please please apply in the thread. you are only reducing your chances by PMing me. I've had 4 in the past 2 minutes already.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

I want to do this, seriously. Will answer all those questions in a bit.

Actually first I have to increase my strategy/BBV post ratio.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:13 PM

omg/fast/lol fold/shove
Old 11-19-2007, 12:17 PM

OP its folded round to you in the SB , you have 4 BB's left

You have AKs and are about to push when the BB says "CALL" and flips over 7 4o

Do you "gamble" or wait for a better spot?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:46 PM

1. How you are currently improving your game
Currently I am improving my game by reading articles, publications and anything I can get my hands on that involves NLHE. I am reading such books as Harrington on holdem, Supersystem 1 and I plan to read the next books in those series. I also watch poker on TV any chance I get to study the different styles of play

2. Your poker goals.
My poker goals consist of becoming a winning player, and be able to make poker a more than just a hobby.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
I was staked in the Razz FTOPS and placed pretty well (Not in the money) as I am an all around player, but would like to focus on NLHE cash games. My earnings consist of grinding .25/.50 razz and .5/.10 NLHE making close to $300+ starting with no more than $50.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.
I don't make too many strategy posts, but I do post my hands whenever I feel that I am in doubt or question about a certain play, if you look in my history of posts, you will find a bunch.

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply.
I'm a Junior in college studying Philosophy. I plan on getting a BA. After school I plan on pursuing poker as far as it will take me, as well as becoming a certified ski instructor. I enjoy playing poker, skiing, weight lifting, and a lot of other sports. I could really use the opportunities poker can provide (money) in order to make a more comfortable life for myself as I have been struggling financially the past 12 years with just me and my Dad. I love the game of poker and the money is just a bonus, but if it can help create an easier atmosphere financially, I won't mind [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Also to add, please state how many hours you have played in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.
[b] I play about 20-30 hours a week and in the past 5 months is when I have earned all my winnings of $300+ grinding out low stakes cash games. I have made more playing with friends , but those are my winnings online. Incorporating poker with friends I've easily made over $1,000.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:54 PM

1. How are you currently improving your game?

-I am receiving coaching from a 10/20 player here on 2+2, and communicate with a housemate who played big games on crypto back in the day. I also sweat for free a few of my friends who I'm teaching to play at .05/.1 and have bankrolled a few others at .25/50. I think this is an interesting dynamic, because I'm clearly not above receiving coaching, and I'm interesting in helping others as I'm giving back to the community. Also am a cardrunners member.

2. Poker goals

-I am quitting my job in less than two weeks to play poker professionally and see how that goes. Lately I have been mixing up my play between 8-10 tables of 1/2 all the way to 2 tables of 3/6 or 4 tables of 2/4. 1/2 is my bread and butter money making game right now, but I want to improve as a player as well, so I'm taking calculated shots when the games look good.

3. Current stakes and earnings

-Like I mentioned, I currently play 8-10 tables of 1/2 or 2-4 tables of 2/4 or 3/6. I made $13k last month and about that this month so far, and for 2007, my first year as a no limit player, I will approach and maybe surpass $100,000.

5. A little about yourself.

-Graduated college with degrees in biology and chemistry in 2006. Play rugby, basketball and baseball and enjoying reading and writing. Also play the guitar and enjoy attending the orchestra. I want to get involved with finance, investing or starting a business/company someday, but right now I'm just interested in making that paper. Have all the tools for vid making/sharing/skyping, etc

Thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 01:03 PM

I coached my mom in micro MTTs, and she is now a winner over 800 tournaments sample (True story).

I think this should be enough to win [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 04:52 AM

I'm not really a fan of posting this in BBV, but if it means a chance at improving my game then so be it.

1. How you are currently improving your

I’ve been generating more poker contacts outside of 2p2 (adding on aim, msn etc). I’ve also been doing some of my playing at a fellow 2p2ers house. Only recently have I started with the session reviews and stuff like that as a way of fine tuning leaks.

2. Your poker goals.

I don’t want to become a poker pro, I think I should make that clear. Having just finished high school I want to develop my game over the next 4 months till university starts so I’m able to play poker throughout uni as my source of income without having to worry about money. I’m hoping to be at 200nl by the end of Australian Summer. I also want to have a fair chunk of savings for when I’m done with school.

Only recently (start of October) did I begin to actually focus on becoming the best player I could be. Right now I’m playing 50nl substantially over rolled just because I’m lacking the confidence to move up. Lifetime I’m up somewhere in the area of 9-10k.

I’m currently deciding what to write my pooh-bah post on, so I’m afraid I can’t link you to much as yet. As for commenting on posts, I contribute as much as the next guy I guess, nothing that really makes me stand out. I actually currently help a few more via skype / aim at the moment who I feel are improving a lot.

5. A little about yourself.

I finished high school last Monday, which you may not know is A LOT of work in Australia. I currently have 4 months between now and when I start university and I basically want to use this time to develop my game to a point where I can have a nice income through my schooling. I should probably add that I’m really happy with my development as a player lately as I’ve found it easier to dedicate time sessions rather than play at any possible moment I could. This has actually improved my winrate a lot.

6. Also to add, please state how many hours you haveplayed in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.

Over the last 3.5 months I’ve played 350 hours for 4k profit (that’s just NL cash). I think I’m +2k live and 1.5k in SNGs. Looking back at the hourly in my db I feel kind of dirty, but the results I have now (~27/hour) and the results that are sure to follow makes it all worthwhile.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:24 PM

Lately i have felt

2. Your poker goals.
5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply. Please apply ONLY in this thread.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:36 PM

I'm a cardrunners member and always analyze my sessions in Poker Tracker. I've been reading and posting in the strategy forums on pokertips.org a lot, sadly didn't really get involved here yet.

2. Your poker goals.
I want to play 3/6 NL regularily and be a winner there

I currently play NL 100 and NL 200, have "made" around 50k so far but a huge chunk of it came from winning the bad beat jackpot :P (28k). I'm a huuuuuuuge bankroll nit

Sadly not too many but I'm trying to change this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply.
I'm 21 years old and a student in the University of Heidelberg. Like many others I used to play RTS games before starting poker, latest one being command and conquer, where I was in the top 5 world wide. I'm a pretty competitive person. I would be fine with doing videos at my current stakes, I don't think I'd be of help when it comes to coding though.

Also to add, please state how many hours you have played in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.
[b] I play ~2-3 hours a day now and make somewhere between 3-5k each month.
Closed Thread