Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2006, 08:18 AM

Default KTo, 4straight on the turn.

Villian is 46/0/1.2 over 40 hands. For how passive he is preflop he's got some spunk afterwards. Don't remember seeing him checkraise a turn yet however.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color=" green">Hero ??</font>

Easy bet here or check it through? If I bet and am raised, what's the plan?
Old 05-17-2006, 08:31 AM

Default Re: KTo, 4straight on the turn.

Bet. U miss too much value if u check hands like this agaisnt loose players. If he CR u have a tough decission. U get like 4:1 calling down. Seems like ur reads contradict eachother. Perhaps call down to see what kind of fish this is? Think it's -EV but could be good for ur image and reads.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:39 AM

(grunch)

You are now behind vs AQ, QQ, Q-any, KJ, JJ.
You were already behind to TT.
(I am assuming MP1 just won't PFR at all...)

You have 6 outs to a boat, less vs KJ, and some ties when the board straights.
You are ahead vs everything else.

I'd bet/call and check/fold the river UI.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:48 AM

If I bet and am raised, do I have the outs to call? You said yourself that I have 6 outs in a best case scenerio. I'm only getting 7.75 to call, and probably won't get any action if I fill up.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet and am raised, do I have the outs to call? You said yourself that I have 6 outs in a best case scenerio. I'm only getting 7.75 to call, and probably won't get any action if I fill up.

[/ QUOTE ]

When u count ur winning chances u need to estimate a probability that villain is CR with a worse hand. (A worse two pair, AK or just a pure bluff). U need to add that to ur chances. Have we bet/folded turns before? What is our image?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:14 AM

The only hands I've played of note are a QQ hand where I got rivered by AK, and a FD that I played aggressively on the flop and didn't connect on by the river(so they don't know I was on a draw perse).
Old 05-17-2006, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't immediately assume you're behind and drawing if you get raised.

Outs are for when you know you're behind.

This is a mid-position limper who you haven't seen pre-flop raise (doesn't mean he doesn't, it's a small number of hands).

I think you're still ahead enough times to call down w/out improving to the boat. I wouldn't fold this.

KO
Old 05-17-2006, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't immediately assume you're behind and drawing if you get raised.

Outs are for when you know you're behind.

This is a mid-position limper who you haven't seen pre-flop raise (doesn't mean he doesn't, it's a small number of hands).

I think you're still ahead enough times to call down w/out improving to the boat. I wouldn't fold this.

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

I take that means bet the turn? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 AM

*grunch*

What do you put ths guy on? He's loose pre-flop but not aggressive so is it a 50:50 on whether he's carrying some high cards?

Flop play looks like he's drawing - possibly the flush or the straight. Doesn't make sense for him not to raise on the flop if he made the straight as he you could be drawing to the flush as far as he'c concerned.

His check on the turn - whilst possibly a c/r trap could equally be him not having hit his flush yet so with 4 outs to your boat and a shot at winning this UI, I would bet/call him on the turn and call/bet the river.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

What do you put ths guy on? He's loose pre-flop but not aggressive so is it a 50:50 on whether he's carrying some high cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this is what really gets me. He's raised 0 hands preflop, so his range here can be anything. AQ, QQ, KQ, KJ, AK JJ QJ. I think KJ and JJ and AQ are unlikely: he'd probabably be 3-betting them on the flop. But I can't be totally sure...a queen here is certainly possible.

[ QUOTE ]
His check on the turn - whilst possibly a c/r trap could equally be him not having hit his flush yet so with 4 outs to your boat and a shot at winning this UI, I would bet/call him on the turn and call/bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely a possibility for a flush draw. Checking and giving a free card under these circumstances would really suck, but if I'm raised can I call? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]