Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: 8/16 TT Flops a Set against a Nit and a Weak Passive

James,

I think you're misreading the hand.

On the flop we are five handed then on the turn we are three handed. There is a normal LP who folded the flop and the super LP who called the flop and the turn. No one folded the turn and I don't see the word fold anywhere in the turn action in my hand.

Hero Bets. Call. Villain Raises. Hero Threebets. Call. Villain Calls.

That's the turn action I posted. It's right.

The river went Hero bets. EXLP Raises. WT nit says raise but calls when he sees EXLP raised. Hero calls one.

Also I suck at posting the right suits.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain Says Raise before he sees that LP called.

[/ QUOTE ]

That confused me but now I understand. I think you played it fine but I would probably have lead the flop, hoping to trap and 3-bet, because the board is not too bad. On the other hand, the pot is not small, there is a likely GS, so there is reason for protecting your hand.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
James,

I think you're misreading the hand.

On the flop we are five handed then on the turn we are three handed. There is a normal LP who folded the flop and the super LP who called the flop and the turn. No one folded the turn and I don't see the word fold anywhere in the turn action in my hand.

Hero Bets. Call. Villain Raises. Hero Threebets. Call. Villain Calls.

That's the turn action I posted. It's right.

The river went Hero bets. EXLP Raises. WT nit says raise but calls when he sees EXLP raised. Hero calls one.

Also I suck at posting the right suits.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i had favorites up on windows xp and it made it look like(at a glance) that LP folds the turn but as you said it was actually the flop. what confuzzed me was saying LP folds the flop and then LP raises the river. but i see now its more multiway on the flop than i initially thought. i'm pretty sure i'll still stick with my analysis. i'm bet/3betting the flop and leading the turn. as played i would bet/3bet the turn and call one on the river, maybe two if the PFR DID 3bet, but since he didn't i'd call one as you did. i think i read most of the hand right(except the flop vs. turn fold of LP #1). i stick with thinking that PFR would 3bet with two pair as his likely holding, but looking at his range and the river raiser i don't think he's 3betting even his best holdings most of the time since so often superloosepassive has exactly QJ.