Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 01:08 AM

Location: You just can\'t deal with the fact that I have a superthin wife with huge cans.
Default Re: quick AK pf

[ QUOTE ]
I think a shove is pretty gross here. You get called by AA or KK, otherwise everyone folds. You risk 100 to make 17 when everyone folds. At this level, the whole I love it if you do it with other hands type of thing doesn't really work.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+++ would quote again
Old 09-05-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a shove is pretty awesome here. You get called by all kinds of crap. You risk 100 to make 17 when everyone folds. At this level, the whole I love it if you do it with other hands type of thing [b]works great if you shove AK and get called because then people put you on AK when you shove and start calling your AA/KK shoves with any pair and AK.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-05-2007, 10:36 AM

shove gets people off TT-QQ, AK a LOT here where a raise puts you in a blah spot when they flat call your small 4b

the 100 for 17 is a valid point but the math has been done over and over and a push is +, especially when villains are folding their TT-QQ

additionally no matter what you think about image, you do pick one up from players at this level

edit to say that there are certainly situations where i think a shove isn't ideal and i wouldn't 4bai AK (i'd fold). but given no reads and 100bb, just stick it in