Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Big preflop decision, I got no clue

I'm very sorry I lost my handhistory on this hand but I will try to make it look as good as possible!

I just been at the table for an orbit or so, but the play looks soft with big pots, saw one villian reraise preflop with 888K hand.

My table image might not been knowned yet, but I'm a regular and the good players might almost look at me as a nut-peddel (spelling?

This is PLO $50 (0.25/0.50) Fullring
Hero $50, in the BB 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG covers me everyone else is around $40

UTG raises to $2,
UTG+1 raises to $4,75
6 people Call
SB all in for $35
HERO?? ($65 in the pot)

I got one small stack, around $15 behind me that I am certaing will call, and I guess there will be atleast one more call.
Is this a gamble spot? I really don't have a clue..

I'm really sorry about the bad handtale (english word?) but I did my best [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance
Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Big preflop decision, I got no clue

I would rather be double-suited to call, and knowing the tendencies of the players involved matters a lot in these spots (which you don't know here), because you want to be up against 2 AA hands or an AA and a KK hand. What you really don't want is having a 3rd or 4th guy in for roughly the same stack as you and with the same kind of hand. So without reads I would let it go.

Another factor here with the stack sizes is that if you call you are increasing the odds the others get as does each subsequent caller for the next one. But if you had a much deeper stack and the players behind you did as well, then you could raise allin and try to drive them out to capture the dead money and give yourself a freeroll. However that doesn't always work out because another guy behind you will often have AA and the majority of your stack will be going up against that hand with a much smaller main pot.

Again with no reads, I would let it go but make good notes on what kind of hands get shown down in such a multi-way preflop allin situation so that you can have a better read in the future.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:38 PM

If I were to play this hand, I would always push.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:26 PM

If we instead pretend that I am closing the action and everyone folds to me, I have to call right?

Basically I am as BluffTHIS said, afraid of someone else calling with the same hand, not being behind to the all in pushers AAxx hand?

Hope I make sense, you guys are the best *hug*
Old 01-06-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and the reason I don't play this hand is because I can find more +EV spots for my money.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please give reasons for push.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please give reasons for push.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we call we are commited to the pot anyway with almost $100 in the pot and about $15 left in the stack so it has to be better if we're going to play it to go all in to drive out other hands.

In my point of view, after this discussion, this is a push or fold hand, and leaning to fold if you dont like teh VaRiaNcE or have strong reads on almost all players, or atlest the pusher and the preflop reraiser
Old 01-06-2007, 03:25 PM

driving out hands, in this spot, won't necessarily increase our EV. I think this is a fold just because so many players push high wrap-type hands.

There is quite a bit of dead money in there, though, and considering that I think there's probably /some/ value in pushing here, but probably not tons. The real deciding factors would be whether or not you'll be adversely effected by losing, here.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:05 PM

I'd auto-push with a hand like 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , with the 89TJ hand if there's a multi way all-in fest then you are likely to be blocked by donks with QQAJ and stuff like that.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:31 AM

call or push, they lead to the same thing. Folding is bad, you have pretty much the nuts.