Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Where would be a good place for a \"Man vs. Wild\" type of adventure?

For a long time, I've wanted to go out into the middle of nowhere with just a couple knives, some rope, water purification tablets, and maybe a few other things, for a week or so. Eat some snakes or monkeys or whatever, and make my own shelter.

Where would be a good place for this? I live in the Austin area, but wouldn't mind driving a long ways to somewhere. But I wouldn't go anywhere that has a lot of bears.

If I ever do it, I'll bring a camera and post lots of gruesome pics here.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Where would be a good place for a \"Man vs. Wild\" type of adventure

[ QUOTE ]
For a long time, I've wanted to go out into the middle of nowhere with just a couple knives, some rope, water purification tablets, and maybe a few other things, for a week or so. Eat some snakes or monkeys or whatever, and make my own shelter.

Where would be a good place for this? I live in the Austin area, but wouldn't mind driving a long ways to somewhere. But I wouldn't go anywhere that has a lot of bears.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two Words: Baffin Island Baffin Island

Why?
<ul type="square">[*]Most of Baffin Island lies above the Arctic Circle[*]In the winter the sun sets November 22 and does not rise again until January 19 of the next year. [*]The fifth largest island in the world[*]Polar Bears[/list]
Old 08-07-2007, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Where would be a good place for a \"Man vs. Wild\" type of adventure

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
<ul type="square">[*]Most of Baffin Island lies above the Arctic Circle[*]In the winter the sun sets November 22 and does not rise again until January 19 of the next year. [*]The fifth largest island in the world[*]Polar Bears[/list]
[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm...

1) A bit too far away
2) wtf I don't wanna freeze to death
3) BEARS ARE BAD
Old 08-07-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm...

1) A bit too far away
2) wtf I don't wanna freeze to death
3) BEARS ARE BAD

[/ QUOTE ]

You said you wanted a 'adventure'... it is pretty much the polar ( [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) opposite of Austin Texas.

You guys in Texas have those big ass bugs anyway, how bad could a Polar Bear really be?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:54 AM

After watching every season of Survivor, I'd say Palau or Cook Islands.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:11 AM

Any place with a 'cosy getaway for families'
Old 08-07-2007, 05:16 AM

Sonoran Desert.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:48 AM

I've always wanted to do this too.

I reckon the amazon would be pretty cool. But if you want something closer to the US i'd say somewhere isolated in Canada. In the middle of the woods etc. I've seen a few survival programmes filmed out there. Somewhere on the coast of The Hudson Bay springs to mind.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:13 AM

Any hotel with room service.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:27 PM

When I said I don't mind driving a while, I meant like 12 hours max. I don't want to drive for more than a day. Aren't there a bunch of bigass state/national parks?