Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Stranded in Utah With No Money: A Trip Report

A+ Thread

Thanks for the laughs.

Sorry about your douchebag friends though, maybe one night you can stick their hands in hot water and get back at them?

Just a random idea.

Welcome to Vegas!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq,

So are you gonna invite this guy over for some movies or to work out sometime, maybe, or what.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, just saw this.

Yeah, I sweated the thread quite a bit, but he seems like a nice dude in a crappy situation and I was hoping we could get a decent TR out of it. His upbeat attitude displayed here nicely balances out your emo, argumentative threads. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I told my friend that posts here all the time about this thread so I'm waiting for him to look at it and get mad at me again for no reason. The one that lives in Vegas said the one that was driving out with me didn't care if I was mad at him because he was still mad at me for a situation involving his girlfriend at our old place. He got real mad at me when I requested, and then demanded, that she pay rent or not live in our apt. 2-3 weeks a month. This happened about 8 months ago but I guess he's still holding a grudge about it and using it as reasoning to be a dick to me whenever he wants. Pretty sweet, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, so you're living with a 12 year old? Is that legal?

Steal his bike in retaliation.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:26 AM

bump for the other guy's side of the story

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post11802023
Old 08-24-2007, 04:27 AM

LOLOLOL i knew someone else had to have realized this
Old 08-24-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOLOLOL i knew someone else had to have realized this

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i'm thinking one of them has to be a joke, right? i've got a couple real life friends who post a little here and i occasionally search to see if they're badmouthing me. if that's really this guy's roomie in the other thread, i can't imagine he hadn't seen this post.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:11 AM

I just saw his thread because I saw this was bumped. Its not a joke, I guess he didn't read that thread. I'll have to talk to him. At first I didn't think I owed him anything because the same friend that rented the van told me the day before doing so that if I stayed there another night and helped them out then he would pay for the van and the gas. Also, even though it shouldn't matter, I felt that when they left me there because they were tired at 3pm then went out and gambled til 5am and won 600$ that they would just write it off, I know I shouldn't have ever assumed this, but I did anyway. It went through my head as '[censored], they didn't come because they said they were tired or had to work and lied to me and just wanted to go party, which is their business, but the one friend is going to write it off so I bet they both will, especially since leaving me here, which doesn't seem very friend like, garnered him a hefty sum of cash.' On the way back the friend that picked me up had kept the receipts and I thought he said he was going to give them to the friend that rented the van, but later on after we were out here for a day or two he said something like 'yeah, don't worry about paying me right away I know how [censored] is for you' blah blah blah. I guess I'm a dick, but whatever, I'll live with knowing that I didn't pay him back right away and it made him angry. I forgot all about the cable bill though, so I will get him that as soon as I can. I've been waiting a little bit for information from back home also, I guess I should have told him instead of just going off the 'dont worry about it for now' idea that I had as I need to call the landlord from Iowa and see how much the broken light that he hit with a golf club, the multiple holes in his wall, and the ruined door from being angry at poker cost us in our deposit returns. Who knows, we may be even already. I guess I'll update this and let you know how our talk goes. Shouldn't be too entertaining though, sorry guys. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 01:47 PM

Daytime bump for the new hilarity. I tend to believe this OP more than the other one because rjoe has a pic of a hot underage chick as his avatar and the other OP has one of a chart, which is the opposite of hot. Good enough for me.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:18 PM

If you are gonna live in LV you better ditch this idea that people's wins and losses affect debts you might have. Or at all affect what you should expect from them. (ie, "You won big, dinner is on you tonight") Unless you are gonna start expecting them to come to you when they run bad (ie, "Dude, I lost bigtime tonight, can you buy me xxxx").

So they won money, so what? You still owe them. Keep those things separate. What they do with their money is their business and vice versa.

KJS
Old 08-24-2007, 03:29 PM

OP sounds like an over-indulged spoiled kid for being fussy about having to wait in Utah one extra day. Sounds like the friends did a poor job of communicating about what was owed and what wasn't. Both are probably pretty douchey for airing this thing here. But god bless em for it.