Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: What is your biggest accomplishment?

In terms of things that are tangible, probably some of the stuff I've done at work that has revolutionized our processes, or some info documents I've created that help all of our students.

Personally, it's probably the weight I'm dropping right now, although I hate to count that until it actually stays dropped.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:31 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

I guess the two things I feel proudest of are getting my physics degree from the UW, and being responsible for starting the boys gymnastics program at my old job, a program that is now thriving.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:38 PM

First person in my family to get an undergraduate degree. And I just got my Ph.D. in Cell Biology. /brag
Old 02-01-2007, 01:40 PM

Graduating Magna Cum Laude and earning my EE degree (even though I tried my hardest to completely blow it my final semester).

Moving to Sacramento and starting a career all by my lonesome... though it's generally not been the best time of my life and I've struggled to meet people. It's been a challenge I know a lot of my friends wouldn't have attempted, and I've seen and done some things I wouldn't have otherwise. Ultimately, staying sane and not getting depressed for these past 21 months has been an accomplishment.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:40 PM

My biggest accomplishment is definitely getting from a small town in Finland to one of the top psychology departments in the UK.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:42 PM

Dids how much weight have you lost? Good luck with it anyway.

I think losing weight is a good accomplishment, I lost about 50lbs or something. Alot I put in my first year of university but then in the last 6mths I've put back on about 25, though i'm not terribly fat as before because I carry more muscle than I did then from a few years of solid gym with the last year fairly average diet and excessive party lifestyle.

I actually never though of this as an accomplishment because it came of gradually then one day I was thinking back to how much I weighed and it hit me.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First person in my family to get an undergraduate degree. And I just got my Ph.D. in Cell Biology. /brag

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm I was also the first person in my immediate family (out to 1st cousins) to finish a 4 year degree, now getting a Masters. I guess I'll put that then because these were the others I could think of
-Getting 1st place in a karate tournament when I was a white belt against people with 1+ years experience
-Learning how to play the guitar
-Hooking up with a hot student from my class when I was TAing (after semester of course)
-Posting in El D's private forum!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:48 PM

1. Various academic junk, such as getting into Caltech grad school, papers I wrote myself (no professor) published in peer-reviewed journal

2. Lead programmer from start to ship on a AAA video game

3. Haven't killed myself or become a total drug-addicted degenerate yet (most difficult one & most proud of this)
Old 02-01-2007, 01:53 PM

not my biggest accomplishment, but my friend won the [censored] price is right yesterday. i was pretty happy for him about that.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:55 PM

Finishing a screenplay after my father passed away and having an editor from "Silence of the Lambs" say it was quite good / wanting to read our final draft. Who knows if it will sell though.

Deciding to say [censored] all the normative young professionals around me and being vociferous about playing poker. Not very good at it, though. So maybe this is not an accomplishment, but sometimes it feels like it.

Making Cornell University (undergrad).