Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 03:04 PM

Default tilt rage

I didn't want to post this out of my own shame and denial but I am finally going to because I think it will generate some helpful responses for me and others possibly.

After around a year of averaging 30k hands a month tilt for the most part has worn off of me, especially live. If I feel like I am starting to go on tilt I usually take a short break. However, every few weeks I will get extremely angry from bad beats/play that I being to break and throw things. In a year I have broken 5 cell phones, 4 computer mouses, a computer monitor, and lots more [censored]. It is really bad and nothing can seem to make me calm down. I have tried to just sit still and calm down but that just makes me more angry. This only happens every couple of weeks and when I am alone. Normally I am a very calm person which is why I am so disgusted by this eratic behavior.

Wondering if anyone can share some insight into possible causes/solutions.

also if anyone has their own humorous anecdotes that they would care to share about going on crazy internet tilt, post them here. I will add a couple shortly
Old 08-11-2006, 03:25 PM

Default Re: tilt rage

you're not by chance German are you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2TCaCr_sQQ

this post reminds me of the other post from months back where the poster would threathen his dog after a bad beat, poor dog.

As for controlling this, not sure how to approach it. As for breaking things, you claim that even that doesn't help so why break your cell phone.

one thing that I like to do after a bad beat is take a deep breath and remind myself that in the long run I will be up, can't let the short term results drag you down.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:46 PM

The best advice that ever did anything for me was to get angry at the anger.

It's way too late for me to take a deep breath and relax once I'm mad, but the idea of turning my anger against my anger was so simple it worked. Not that it's a maigc bullet, but I found I was able to get to that "i'm a dumbazz, laugh at myself" stage A LOT quicker.
Plus, I still got to get angry, which can be invigorating. I don't ming getting angry if I've got a good outlet, it's the bottled anger that drowns me.

Good luck.

If that doesn't work, perhaps get things around that are inexpensive to break. I'd recommend cheap items from pawn stores and thrift stores: figuirines, cheap stereo equipment. Smashing a guitar lets loose a ton of aggression, and one can be found at pawn store for around $50.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best advice that ever did anything for me was to get angry at the anger.

It's way too late for me to take a deep breath and relax once I'm mad, but the idea of turning my anger against my anger was so simple it worked. Not that it's a maigc bullet, but I found I was able to get to that "i'm a dumbazz, laugh at myself" stage A LOT quicker.
Plus, I still got to get angry, which can be invigorating. I don't ming getting angry if I've got a good outlet, it's the bottled anger that drowns me.

Good luck.

If that doesn't work, perhaps get things around that are inexpensive to break. I'd recommend cheap items from pawn stores and thrift stores: figuirines, cheap stereo equipment. Smashing a guitar lets loose a ton of aggression, and one can be found at pawn store for around $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

good advice. maybe get one of those stress balls that you can squeeze and throw against your wall when you get angry.