Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Play money plo8/nlo8, potential to cash games ?

I havent paid any attentation to play money tables for long time. Now I checked them out, and was amazed how much Omaha Hi/Lo players there are!

Pokerstars has over _50_ tables full of play money players. Full tilt poker almost as much.

This is pretty great. Has it always been this way [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Play money plo8/nlo8, potential to cash games ?

I think there are more than there used to be, especially playing NL. The difference between the highest stakes play money tables and the lowest stakes real money tables aren't that big. I won about 2 million "chips" playing PLo8 before I started with real money.

At the micro limits, it seems that almost everyone is playing PL 6-max or NL. As I write this, on Pokerstars, besides a couple of tables at .01/.02, there isn't a single full ring PLo8 game below .50/$1. Everything in between is 6-max. I've been playing mainly .01/.02 full ring, which are generally the softest games available, but now I realize that the only way to gradually move up in limits is to switch to 6-max.