Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 1 WR
Randy Moss @Seattle 3 27.27%
Lee Evans vs. GB 4 36.36%
Joe Horn @Tampa 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 6)

anyone disagree with the fact that if Phili or the Giants or the Skins go to Seattle, they beat Seattle ? I'd say 65% of the time those road teams win down there right now.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would have put NYG @ 4, and then made a coinflip between WAS and SEA for 5/6, but that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

fgsafsddsg

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would have put NYG @ 4, and then made a coinflip between WAS and SEA for 5/6, but that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

fgsafsddsg

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
DID YOU READ THE OP? Or the post like 2 posts above you? ffs, top 4 teams = division winners (aka its in a playoff format). So NYG can't be 4.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:53 PM

Semtex,

[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone is going to say Adrian Peterson has a better future than Bush given his monster performance yesterday (though Bush's performance was no slouch).
The thing with Bush is he's been so much quicker than everyone since high school he's been made into a space runner, thats all he's ever practiced, and it worked because at USC and NO they've had another guy to do the heavy work (Lendale and Deuce). Now that he is forced to become the main back he will have to develop this part of his game, the so called 'in between the tackles' aspect. So while it might seem right now he has little future, if any, because he hasn't shown any promise in that aspect of the game, just give it time to develop. The guy has an unbelievable gift I can't really see that given enough time to work he can't become a multiple time pro bowler.

If Reggie is always going to be used like he is with a Deuce he is going to be splitting a lot of carries, so Peterson probably ends up having the better career numbers wise. But Bush already has a trip to the NFC championship game under his belt in his rookie year while he saw significant playing time. He also shined in the game even though they lost. How long before Peterson will be able to claim such an accolade?

[/ QUOTE ]

AP isn't human whereas Bush is a really freaky good human. I am not saying this b/c AP had a great game Sunday, I was saying this last year when he was at OU and some were trying to tell me differently and he has had a great season all year in his rookie season which is actually much different than Bush who actually struggled the majority of the season, was basically a non-factor until week 10 and for the entire season had 3 really good games--other than that he wasn't really that good...everyone was ga-ga though b/c of a couple of highlight runs and explosive stuff he did but the overall season really wasn't that great.

AP on the other hand in 5 games has one 200 yard game (did it in 20 carries, not even the most carries for Minn that day--Chester Taylor had 22), 3 100 yard games and a sub 100 yard game and his receiving numbers aren't bad either. He has been outstanding and the result is Minn is the best rushing team in the NFL.

The numbers are there but there is also more to it. Just watch him. He is a rare combination of Earl Campbell and Tony Dorsett, he can run around you, over you and by you. That 70+ yard run the Sunday was amazing b/c he ran right over the first couple guys, juked the next couple and then out ran the rest. He is a rare form of power, quickness and speed rolled into one.

He is going to be great if he stays healthy. Bush could be pretty good too but AP to me just punishes defenses.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:58 PM

AP is truly Purple Jesus, but like almost half of his carries went nowhere Sunday.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AP is truly Purple Jesus, but like almost half of his carries went nowhere Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]Also if there was a Bears safety who could tackle, those two 65+ yard runs would have been for 10 yards and his 35 yard TD run would have also been for 10 yards if he was just pushed OB instead of Manning going for the strip.

All in all he is powerful, has some good moves and has a ton of speed. All some nice things to have in a running back.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:12 PM

JoA,

You are going to have to do way better than that. He was averaging over 5 yards a carry if you take out his entire Sunday performance. He also has 10 receptions for 175 yds and a touch.

More importantly, his last two games look like this:

12 carries 112 yards 9.3 avg
20 carries 224 yards 11.2 avg
--he has had one "bad" game but he seems to be looking stronger and stronger, of course he most likely won't have a game like Sunday again this year (maybe ever) but he is definitely shaking the rookie rust off faster than most do.

AP on Sunday also had 4 kickoff returns for 128 yards continually getting them great field position. He also set an NFL rookie record for total yards in a game.

Basically, the game plan was for AP to win the game...I was completely shocked that Longwell was lined up for the game-winning 55 yard field goal and it wasn't AP kicking it.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:14 PM

Sluss,

You can't tackle God you can only hope that he shows you mercy.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:34 PM

Oh, I think he's definitely one of the best "pure runners" in football, but he was definitely boom and bust Sunday.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:54 PM

JoA,

IMO, saying he was boom and bust on Sunday is the definition of nit-picking.

Chi loaded the line a lot Sunday b/c AP is all Minny has. He is just really good and was able to make something out of nothing on two of those big runs early in the run. Barry Sanders used to be "boom and bust" a lot as you say but that really doesn't have anything to do with anything other than stacking the box at the line of scrimmage--which is also why he had 3 big runs, once he got 10 yards deep there wasn't much left.