Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 1 WR
Randy Moss @Seattle 3 27.27%
Lee Evans vs. GB 4 36.36%
Joe Horn @Tampa 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 6)

[ QUOTE ]
I [censored] hate how Seattle wins their divison by default every year. How hurt is Kurt Warner? Too bad for the Cards if he is out long. Rattay was useless. The 49ers need Frank Gore to get things going I don't care if he's facing 12 man fronts. Pass game does not exist but it didn't last year either.

Also, Carolina has no chance. Tampa is a stone cold lock to win the division now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seattle is just always the least-bad team, its totally retarded. Put any team from the East in that division and they easily win.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:02 AM

Tampa Bay traded for Michael Bennett. I doubt that pushes them above the Pack but I figure it's worth noting.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:06 AM

NFC as a whole is nothing special e/c the East.

North is weak. GB is decent but I really haven't seen anything special from them and they could be 6-0 if not for a horribly played 2nd half vs Chicago.

South is decent but nothing special. Carolina is 4-2 but they've won ugly and have lost their starting QB for the year. TB has won some good games and have been suprising. Atlanta is terrible and NO has totally underperformed.

West did rep the SB 2 years ago and did win 1 playoff game last year albeit luckily against Dallas.

Seattle is getting old. Their best player, Walter Jones will be retiring soon. Their "star" rb is on the wrong side of 30. Their receivers keep getting hurt year after year.

49ers are young but are old at some skill positions which seem to be slowing them down this year. Larry Allen has been bad which makes the running game terrible. Alex Smith's progression seems to have slowed a little this year without Norv. The D has been good, especially if they weren't on the field so damn much b/c of an incompetant O.

Arizona looked like it was starting to turn it around. They really have a solid D. Just their QBs keep getting hurt. Their running game which was pathetic last year is starting to turn it around. I think you can thank the coach for that.

The Rams. What can we say about them. Some people picked them to be good but they've been really, really bad. Losing Pace is killer for the whole O. When he got hurt the team has basically gone in reverse. Doesn't help that Bulger got hurt and their D is terrible.

Right now it's anyone's division other than the Rams. All 3 teams near the top can potentially win if they can get their act together. Of the 3, this may sound homerish but the 9ers have the easiest lane to improve and that's to fix the O and get the running game going. Seattle needs to get healthy quickly and get a running game going if it's possible. I'm worried about Zona now. Rattay needs Bolding back and needs to atleast play decently for the team to succeed. It's going to be tough losing Warner and Leinart though.

The Rams, I honestly don't know how to fix them this year. Maybe have a regeneration booth for Pace and Jackson and Bulger.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:20 AM

I think your pretty spot on Fink.

I might flip Carolina & Detroit and with Warner looking like he may be out for a while Arizona is going to be in trouble. But you didn't know that when you did these.

My random thoughts on the NFC.

You had to expect Dallas to get killed. They have flaws, New England has none. I also think NE would have not been throwing at the end of the game if they had a running back.

Green Bay scares me. Brett Favre is starting to make mistakes and they still have no running game, but with their defense you have to put them as the second best team in the NFC.

WTF with the Giants? The Redskins hand them a game and all of a sudden they have all of the confidence in the world and Eli Manning can't miss a bee flying twenty yards away?

Looks like the Redskins are going to be off and on with their offense. I was wondering why Santana Moss left that game (no sound on that TV). I thought he was injured and really that quote sounds even worse than him being injured.

The Eagles baffle me. They always seem to just go away from whatever is working.

Who knows what Bears defense shows up. The one that never misses a tackle or the one who can't tackle their grandmothers. I'll be at that Bears Eagles game this week. I was really hoping to see two better teams.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:25 AM

1. Dallas
2. Washington
3. Tampa
4. Giants
5. Iggles
6. Packers
7. 9ers
8. Panthers
9. Vikings
10. Bears
11. Seahags
12. Cardinals
13. Lions
14. Saints
15. Falcons
16. Rams
Old 10-16-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5. Iggles

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLZA
Old 10-16-2007, 11:42 AM

Eli has been surprisingly good all year. He was a little off week 2 (or 3?) but he did have that shoulder injury. The Giants D is responsible for the turnaround. They looked like on of the worst D's I've seen in the past couple years through 2 games, and then get healthy and start playing really good
Old 10-16-2007, 11:44 AM

He was good until Toomer got hurt last year. Then the team took a nose dive.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. Washington

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
5. Iggles

[/ QUOTE ]

?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Dallas
2. Washington
3. Tampa
4. Giants
5. Iggles
6. Packers
7. 9ers
8. Panthers
9. Vikings
10. Bears
11. Seahags