Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Chicago Bears 2007 Official Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Griese looked ok

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick fact....

Coming into this season, only THREE Hall of Fame Quarterbacks had a higher career QB rating than Brian Griese.....(Young, Marino, and Montana).

He is ahead of the other 27 HOF QB's.

(This is also why QB rating is stupid.)
Old 10-08-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just another ho-hum day at the park, the outcome never in doubt. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Classic bears football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't have it any other way...
Old 10-08-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gotta bump this thread after a solid win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another ho-hum day at the park, the outcome never in doubt. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Classic bears football.

[/ QUOTE ]Bleh, that was ugly. I don't miss classic Bears football. Freaking out everytime the defense misses a tackle. Praying they get a turnover. Yelling "House!" everytime they get one of those turnovers.

The tight ends played well and were used well. I don't know if it was a conscious effort to avoid the Green Bay corners or if the recievers were lost all game. Bradley and Davis showed some skills after the catch and like I said last week I would love them to be more involved because their skill set compliments Griese well.

The o-line is still not playing as well as they should. You could give them a bit of a pass with an injured Brown and Tait, if they had not been playing poorly the whole year. Benson is so inconsistent. He had a couple of nice runs and a couple that were just not strong.

The run defense started to get better when Adams was getting more playing time after Walker was injured. That deep group of D-tackles got real thin real quick.

Briggs looked a step slow, but still was tackling sure and was much better at being in position than Williams who really struggled last week with that.

I'm confused as to why Daniel Manning is starting over Ricky Manning, but protecting him and McGowen in the cover two really makes it easy to run if you can get a lineman or fullback out onto Urlacher & Briggs.

I'm still just looking for .500 @ the bye.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:35 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can we get culpepper this year, somehow?

Benson sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff George is licking his chops right about now...

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, Testaverde just signed with Panthers - you could be right!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 03:03 PM

Devin Hester rulez
Old 10-15-2007, 12:59 AM

This was such a hard loss. Our defense got torched and our offense actually able to muster up some points, but it was not enough in the end. We're 2-4 right now the team has no real direction right now.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:38 AM

The defense is playing terrible. Just god awful tackling. Manning & McGowen are playing like crap. The lineman keep getting out on the linebackers. Not only could the d-line not protect the linebackers they couldn't get any penetration. Just a bad overall defensive performance.

Not a bad day out of the running game early. Of course everthing gets skewed by the last few minutes of crazy comeback. I don't really think it was a good day out of Griese and the passing game. But I still lay more of that on Lovie and Turner who really thought they could just pound the ball out on the Vikings defense. And if they really thought that it just shows you how stupid they have become.

I love when people kick to Devin Hestor. Although the Bears are becoming lazy on punt returns. They always have a return right set up. I know that 70% of the time the other team is kicking it away, but they can figure out if you kick it to that sideline he is slightly less likely to return it for a TD it can work just as well. But the coverage on that last kickoff return is what lost that game in the end.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:52 AM

All you need to know about this game is that we gave up 311 yards rushing on our home field, mostly to a rookie, who we also couldn't manage to tackle on the most crucial kickoff of the season. Season over.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:58 PM

regarding our QB situation, Derek Anderson has been impressive, and he's only 24, what would it take to get him?
Old 10-30-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
regarding our QB situation, Derek Anderson has been impressive, and he's only 24, what would it take to get him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too sure what the Browns plans at QB are for the future but I'm guessing that were they to trade Anderson, it would likely be similar to last year's Schaub deal. But I don't think they will. Average QBs who end up putting up great numbers surrounded with a ton of talent tend to get overrated and because he's only 24, there's a good chance the Browns hand onto him.

If they do though, you guys might be able to get Quinn on the cheap. People weren't that high on him during the draft and while he had a good preseason, I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to expect a first round swap and a few second rounders to get the deal done.