Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 5)

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Toss in a pair of Favre interceptions

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, the second INT was a hail mary at the end of the game. The first was pretty "vintage Favre," though.

I can't remember the last time I saw a game where one team dominated so much and lost. Doesn't help that the offensive play calling was, well, "offensive" in the 2nd half. Nothing like continuing to try to prove you can run the ball long after it stops working.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i saw the disclaimer, i'm just not very high on seattle. fwiw, i also think arizona is a little better than them

[/ QUOTE ]
how can you possible put Washington above Seattle when they're not the best team in their division? If you read the disclaimer you didn't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

it said based on where teams will finish. i don't think seattle or washington will win their respective divisions, and i think washington will have a better record.

edit: also, zona is technically first in that division

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't think Washington will win their division then there has to be an NFC West team ahead of them here. You think that San Fran is going to win the West?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Punter Nick Harris had a nice game, averaging 48.8 yards on six punts and landing 2 inside the 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see someone other then Jason Hansen being in the running for Lion's MVP this year.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:39 PM

Random NFC thoughts:

The Cowboys are starting to remind me more and more of the Bears from last year. Dominate their first four games, one against the defending NFC champ. Then go on the road on a Monday night as a huge favorite. Your QB who has been a god the first four weeks has a terrible game and they come back and win it with an amazing fourth quarter and some crazy plays.

I hate when you compare a muffed punt to a guy stripping the ball. They are two completly different plays. One is luck, one is skill. As for Green Bay, they were a little too high on themselves and tried to hold on against the Bears who stopped playing a cover two and then they couldn't run the ball. They are still a team that will win a bunch of games this year with that defense and with Brett Favre.

Seattle is still not very good on the road. They will be fine this week at home against the Saints.

Agree on Tampa, Washington is better than Arizona. Their pass D has really suprised me. Jason Cambell has really been good as well.

I know Arizona has had some close losses, but getting into a shootout with the Rams back-ups is just bad. They just have crazy games every week.

The Lions played like crap 11 of the last 12 quarters. If not for Brian Griese and the Bears having to put a second string linebacker on their third reciever they wouldn't have even had that one good quarter.

If the Eagles lose to the Jets this week they should quit the NFL. With Westbrook back it should keep the pass rush off of McNabb.

With Delhomme out there will be less Steve Smith. Less Steve Smith means no more Panthers.

Get used to those kind of games from the Bears. They did throw their first deep pass since week one this week. Of course Griese threw it over the Back Judge's head, so I don't even know if that is a real deep ball. Expect close games where the defense spends the whole game on the field and the other team outgains the Bears, but they score on defense and a punt return and win the game by 2.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your QB who has been a god the first four weeks has a terrible game and they come back and win it with an amazing fourth quarter and some crazy plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, except that Romo went 11-14 and a TD in the last 3 minutes of the game and two of those incomp. were TO's drops. The amazing fourth quarter and crazy plays weren't the defense winning the game--though the defense really did play outstanding last night (3 offensive points given up) considering what field position they were constantly in w/ all the turnovers and were a huge reason they won. I don't think the Bears scored an offensive TD in that game did they? The Cowboys didn't score a defensive TD last night so these games were much different.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your QB who has been a god the first four weeks has a terrible game and they come back and win it with an amazing fourth quarter and some crazy plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, except that Romo went 11-14 and a TD in the last 3 minutes of the game and two of those incomp. were TO's drops. The amazing fourth quarter and crazy plays weren't the defense winning the game--though the defense really did play outstanding last night (3 offensive points given up) considering what field position they were constantly in w/ all the turnovers and were a huge reason they won. I don't think the Bears scored an offensive TD in that game did they? The Cowboys didn't score a defensive TD last night so these games were much different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant it more in attitude. They are two differently built teams. It's a wake up call when you get out of a game like that with a win. Your not invincible. I'm sure that whole team felt pretty bulletproof coming into that game.

While I know your very defense of the Grossman=Romo thing that is not where I'm going with it. Also I'm pretty sure you would take 13-3 and a trip to the Super Bowl right? That's what I meant. That you may not see too many more blowouts from the Cowboys the rest of the year, but they really look like they are the best team in the NFC. It's just going to be how they handle the critics if they put up another one or two games like this.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:19 PM

Romo pulled a Grossman last night. I don't know how that was that hard to see. For the fact he is better than Grossman and will probally always be better. He did throw 300 yards but if you turn the ball over 6 times from 1 player, you usually lose. Dallas was good enough last night and lucky enough that they actually found a way to win ala Arizona last year. Yes Romo was more of a reason for winning then Grossman ever was in the Zona game but to not see a connection at all is being pretty homeristic.

I still think the Cowboys are the best team in the NFC, I just don't think the NFC is really that good. I'd take most of the top AFC teams pretty easily over them.

They are probally favorites to make the SB. One thing of note is they are in a tough division and they do have to play Washington twice, Giants once and Philly twice more. It's going to be interesting.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Sluss,

I have actually said a few times that everyone needs to hold on the "Cowboys are going to walk through the NFC" talk and said they are going to lose some games that they were supposed to win or heavily favored--whatever. Of course they aren't supposed to beat NE but after that they are going to be favored the rest of the season. No chance they are 15-1, more like 11-5 or 12-4 which means they are going to lose some games that are going to alert the public and cause those knee-jerk reactions to ripple through internet and media.

Everyone has a problem of getting way to dramatic one way or the other--they were playing at a really high level so everyone's thoughts were through the roof (not saying this was you) but what happens is when they play like crap--which it is inevitable they will--these thoughts come crashing down harder than ever and now the second-guessing is coming from every nook and cranny. It is the Yankee and Red Sox treatment.

In Assani's thread I said NE and Indy deserved to be in their own class until the other teams prove otherwise. This is b/c those two teams seem to be the only teams that seem to never really waiver from what they are able to do on the field every week. Dallas has the team to beat both of them--they beat Indy last year--but this means little b/c they are a young team that seems to have a greater standard deviation than NE/Indy who seem to bring what they are going to offer every week.

Also, I see what you're saying about that Chi game now.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:25 PM

Capone,

Never said he didn't have a bad game--b/c it was TERRIBLE. Just stating the difference between the two games, which was that even after the "Grossman like game" Romo marched them down the field for a score w/ 20 seconds left. Then got them into FG range in 19 seconds going 11-14 in that span--I have yet to see Grossman do this. So yea, like Sluss said there are TONS of reasons I hate the Grossman=Romo crap--it is just flat out ignorant.