Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 09:43 PM

Default NL10 TT in 3b pot, villain shoves bad flop

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $10.05
BB: $12.45
UTG: $11.40
MP: $7.60
CO: $5.60
BTN: $15.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.30</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.30, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.40) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets all-in for $4.10</font>, Hero folds

villain is unknown. i assumed at the time he was donk as he is short and coldcalling a raise and 3b. what do you guys think of my line? i kindof feel like i should've called in retrospect.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: NL10 TT in 3b pot, villain shoves bad flop

I probably just bet half his stack to let him minraise and call. As played it doesn't seem like he would do this with a huge hand, think smaller pairs or random junk like two broadway are bulk of his range along with QJ/QK. JJ+, AK, AQ seem less likely. This is close, I call but expect to be beat quite a bit by some kind of top pair.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:51 PM

Why don't bet the flop? If hes a donk (na dI'm pretty confident he is) he's stacking of lightly. As played I prolly call because this kind of player mostly suck and I saw them push things I wouldn't even declare as a pokerhand.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:55 PM

i felt like i see AQ/KQ a ton. i don't really like betting the flop at all, if i'm going to get it in here i think i should let him bluff at it if he has air.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:57 PM

So what do we hope to gain by checking the flop? Pot control does not really apply as the pot is almost the size of villains stack. If it is checked through, there are a whole lot of cards that do nothing but lessen our confidence in our holding (J+, any diamond). So unless we have decided to jettison this hand, I think we need to bet here, and given the stack size our bet needs to be enough to shove villain in.

Do we lose out on Sklansky bucks if he has QQ+, AQ/KQ/QXs? Sure. But we also have an opportunity to fold out one hand that beats us (JJ) if our villain is weak enough. He will not fold this 100% of the time, but given that we are subject massive draws (diamonds and paint) we have to get the money in here or prepare to drop when he does.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i felt like i see AQ/KQ a ton. i don't really like betting the flop at all, if i'm going to get it in here i think i should let him bluff at it if he has air.

[/ QUOTE ]I want him to bluff too, or have a chance. Bet 1.50-2.00 and call push, less than standard c-bet due to stack size. Maybe he figures out what you are trying to do but I think most are just pushing anyways.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:19 PM

why would he think that i would fould to a min-raise all in? are people really that terrible?
Old 09-09-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why would he think that i would fould to a min-raise all in? are people really that terrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

you never know..
Old 09-09-2007, 04:28 AM

lol i didn't know, so i folded.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i should let him bluff at it if he has air.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was your thought process, you shouldve instacalled the push. The golden rule of checking to induce a bluff is that you must call the bluff once they make it.

However I like a flop bet ALOT better, so he doesnt check behind and hit his J K A or diamond draw.. Bet the flop to protect your hand.