Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 06:09 PM

Default 10NL AA

Villain = 41.4 / 3.4

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $8.65
BB: $33.25
Hero (UTG): $10.55
BTN: $11.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

Flop: ($0.90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.90</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.80</font>, Hero calls $0.90

Turn: ($4.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4.50</font>, Hero
Old 08-21-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: 10NL AA

Hero 3-bets the flop and gets any remaining money in on the turn.

As played, there are still too many hands that you beat to fold here (hint: a flopped flush wants all the money in the middle, so it leads out on the turn 100% of the time after check-raising the flop)
Old 08-21-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As played, there are still too many hands that you beat to fold here (hint: a flopped flush wants all the money in the middle, so it leads out on the turn 100% of the time after check-raising the flop)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking too..

The only hands that scare me on the river are a flopped flush (unlikely since he didn't bet the turn) or Ad8x. FH is possible too but again I think he bets the turn with a set. He could also possibly have some weird two pair hand.

I'm not sure I place alot of faith in that evaluation of "He didn't be the turn" though... Its 10NL, his stats are super loose and most of those players don't bet properly anyways.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about trying to get all-in on the turn though... or the flop for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about trying to get all-in on the turn though... or the flop for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I was saying that I was unsure if I wanted to play a big pot with this player on this flop or just look for a better spot.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:35 PM

I'm trying to get this in on the flop or turn as well. his stats suggest he's an idiot, and his range is pretty wide. I would try and get the money in to get value from a big diamond.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:00 PM

So are we paying off 86.5 bbs to flopped flushes and sets and two pair every time even when they are min raising? (I don't have aces up on the flop yet)

It just seems like I'm not going to make much money doing this...

Even donkeys can lay down one pair hands. I dont beat anything but a diamond draw and one pair hands on the flop.

The min raise just makes it look sooo fishy

And at micro stakes players usually just call when they are drawing, not raise. You don't see them raising for a free turn card hardly at all.

I really wanted to just call the min raise and keep the pot small, hoping he would make some more donkey minbets and I could see a showdown cheaply.

Its not a sit and go, I dont see any reason to build a gigantic pot on the flop or turn.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:07 PM

Dont think you beat much hands that would minraise this flop, especially not on the river. On this level I could def. see him holding a hand ilke A8. Think you're right that ppl on the microstakes hardly ever raise when drawing. Or he has a made hand and doesnt want you to go away or he thinks tp is the nuts.