Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 05:22 PM

Default So I only have light weights....

I just moved back home for the next month or so. Don't want to purchase gym membership because i can get it for free once i start work (in the next month).

Currently at home I have 2 dumbbells and an ezcurl bar. i got 30 pounds in weights i can stack on at each time, so it looks like 35 on a single dumbbell and 50 on the ezcurl max.

I'm trying to do a full body workout, before I was doing 5x5 doing bench/squat/deadlift/incline dumbbell press, with some other isolation exercises. bench was around 165, dumbbell press was about 60-65 each hand.

I was wondering is there any effective exercise I can do to hopefully maintain my shape? I realize that w/o the heavy weights I wont be able to bulk up, but I want to be able to jump back to the heavy weights once i start again fairly quickly.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: So I only have light weights....

seems like a bodyweight circuit would be the best, doing unilateral work etc...

you can do one arm rows, overhead presses, bench presses, one arm snatches and cleans, single leg squats/split squats, single leg deadlifts, dumbell swings...

you might want to check out dragondoor.com or some other kettlebell exercises that you might be able to adapt to a standard dumbbell...