Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Bush at 33%

[ QUOTE ]
The republicans are so silly, thinking they can perpetuate this so that there corporate buddies get richer, and that eventually it won't come back to bite them in the butts.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may bite them in the butts in a few decades, but who cares? Re-election is next November and they need corporate money so that they can convince people that they are helping them.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Poll isn\'t dead

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I stopped caring about approval ratings long ago.

[/ QUOTE ] Would you want the candidate of your preferred party to win in the coming presidential election ?

In choosing that candidate, would you look at his approval ratings at all ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have a preferred party. But if I did, I would be looking at whether I agree with his stance on the issues, not what a bunch of random people thought of him.

[/ QUOTE ]Quite rightly so. And after choosing him, on the basis of his positions and ideology, I presume you do give a damn about his election chances.

In case you do, approval ratings matter -- by definition.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Electability" is what brought us John Kerry.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From those fine, unbiased folks at FoxNews:

President Bush's job approval rating slipped this week and stands at a new low of 33 percent approve, down from 36 percent two weeks ago and 39 percent in mid-March. A year ago this time, 47 percent approved and two years ago 50 percent approved (April 2004).

Approval among Republicans is below 70 percent for the first time of Bush's presidency. Two-thirds (66 percent) approve of Bush's job performance today, down almost 20 percentage points from this time last year when 84 percent of Republicans approved. Among Democrats, 11 percent approve today, while 14 percent approved last April.

Of course, over at Fox this is getting only the most minor of mentions on the front page, so here's a link.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is someone trying to explain why his numbers are so low. I got a good laugh out of this piece as it blames the low numbers on the Media and nothing that the Bush Admin. has done or didn't do.

Why the Polls are Low for President Bush and his Administration? Lee Ellis

Here is my take:

30 percent of the people will never get it! Thank you Mr. President you are doing a great job and if it wasn't for the Media I'm sure your approval rating would be over 60 percent. I pride myself in saying that you run one of the cleanest white houses in the history of the U.S. How did you keep Corruption at such a low level? You are also doing a 'heck of a job' on making sure that the oil prices are kept in check. I also have to give you a high makes for spying on all of us to make sure that we are safe. I also sent a general out to find a person in the military that says you mess up in New Orleans and it couldn't be done. What is the Media thinking writing of these bad things about you? Don't let me forget Iraq, you couldn't of done a better job for the people of that country. I sure they will thank you too for the nice civil war they are having. Thank you Mr. President for everything you done. How many more days are you in office?

Special Thanks:
Thank you President Reagan for fixing the health care system by Privatizing while you were in office. You had great foresight of taking health insurance away from the non-profits and giving it to private industry. Where would we be without you? RIP
Old 04-25-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.... Erego, the rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer. The republicans are so silly, thinking they can perpetuate this so that there corporate buddies get richer, and that eventually it won't come back to bite them in the butts.

[/ QUOTE ]

It’s interesting that people think that trends like this are the result of one particular party. In addition, they think that corporations are getting paid off when only one party is in office. The truth is "corporate buddies get richer" regardless of who is in office.

The trend of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer will continue again regardless of party. No politician or legitimate political candidate in years has offered a serious (major broad scale) solution to reverse this.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:52 PM

I voted for Bush twice and I still support him. The reasons? He is a reublican and I don't want to openly admit I may have been wrong. I suspect i'm not alone in this.