[ QUOTE ]
top 5 players in the draft

1. oden
2. durant
3. brewer
4. b. wright
5. conley

hibbert, gray, and hawes all scream

"HEY IM 7 FEET OR BIGGER PLZ GIVE ME MILLIONS SO I CAN GET 5 PTS 4 REBOUNDS AND BE SLOW ON DEFENSE"

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious, Conley #5? Unless he has speed like Tony Parker, I don't think his inability to shoot will work too well at the next level.

[/ QUOTE ]

He gets to the rack at will, has really nice vision, and seems to be a natural leader.

He's very, very good.

It was weird because at one point I was hearing things like he's not even an NBA prospect, but I think everyone assumed he was just riding Oden's coattails.

I mean, he's much better than Noah, Hibbert, the rest of the big stiffs, and I'd take him over guys like Jeff Green too.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: NBA Mock Draft ver. 2

Corey Brewer cannot shoot.

He also cannot dribble.

Yay, he plays good defense, but what, your top end for him is...a taller Desmond Mason?

It's not hard to find a very atheltic 3 man in the NBA, just look ON THE BENCH.

Brewer has his positives, and in this draft he's a first rounder, but he's not top 5.

Those of you bashing Hawes probably haven't seen him play much.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:54 PM

I disagree that Brewer can't shoot. Dribbling might be a problem but dribbling is a problem for 75% of NBA players, THAT'S WHY THEY ALLOW THEM TO TRAVEL.

Now I haven't seen a lot of Wright, so admittedly I could be biased since I've seen Brewer a bunch of times.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those of you bashing Hawes probably haven't seen him play much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw his picture once.

That's enough for me to say he sucks.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:01 PM

nicolas batum....has anybody heard anything of this guy before recently??

(assani plz dont just c/p nbadraft profile)
Old 04-20-2007, 05:41 PM

Is there a chance the suns will trade this pick as a salary dump to try to keep marion when he is a free agent? Or is it known that he will bolt when he can?
Old 04-20-2007, 05:50 PM

I'm not gonna say what the Florida guys did makes them ZOMGWINANRS11!, but I would say the decisions they made showed some personality traits that I think are pretty admirable and desirable.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nicolas batum....has anybody heard anything of this guy before recently??

[/ QUOTE ]

NBA Comparison: Joe Johnson
Strengths: Agile forward with size, an incredible wingspan, and great all around skills ... Has a natural feel for the game, and great physical attributes ... Competitive ... Team player, but also knows when to take over ... Clutch player. Shows the ability to raise his level of play in big games ... Makes his teammates better with his vision and ability to create ... Has a diverse offensive game with the ability to pull up off the dribble, hit from outside, and penetrate to the rim ... Shows a good stroke from outside, and excellent confidence to shoot through cold spells ... Has 3 point range ... Quick hands and feet, plus athleticism make him a potential lock down defender ... His foot speed and first step is very quick ... He has huge upside but needs to gain more experience ...

Weaknesses: Needs a lot of weight ... Right now he's at least 15-20 pounds below where he needs to be ... Getting stronger will allow him to go inside and finish as well as make him stronger defensively ... Must continue to develop and gain experience ... Must gain more defensive intensity ... Must prove himself on the senior level ...

Notes: One of the top prospects in his age group in Europe ... Led France to win the 2006 U18 Championships in Greece ... Won MVP of the 2006 Albert Schweitzer Tournament, leading France to first place ... Still just a kid, his face looks like he's even younger than his age ...
Old 04-20-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Have I done this before when you asked about a player or something? If anything I think I use nbadraft.net's rankings the least among people here.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3. Idiots think that being on a winning team means you are "a winner" or something, that "winningness" is an attribute seperate from "skill at basketball". Since s team with any NBA players will win a lot in college, it's inconceivable to them that a guy who "won" a bunch of games in college wouldn't "win" a bunch of games in the pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the second time I've seen someone arguing against the Florida guys accuse people of this. Yet when I read the thread....nobody in the entire thread is doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]
While you were reading the entire thread, did you notice that the post you quoted didn't say a think about the Florida guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

TNM, I refuse to argue for the sake of arguing. Its completely clear that the Florida situation was at the forefront of his thoughts there. We had been heavily discussing Florida, and they were the only players that it made sense he was talking about.

It'd be like if I mentioned the "big 2" and then you started talking about Oden/Durant, and I said "Who said anything about Oden or Durant?"

[/ QUOTE ]

How funny is it that you are accusing others of putting words in people's mouths while doing the exact same thing.