Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

No one really likes James. Tod and Amanda want to take him to the final three. They probably want Denise there also because nobody likes her. I think its a good play getting rid of Frosty.

If I got voted off, I would definitely give my vote to Amanda to win for not being cocky and taking the cheese burgers. That was just shoving it in their face.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Last week I concluded that James is the second-dumbest person in Survivor history for being one of the biggest physical threats ever to play the game--holding TWO IIIs--and not playing one every time he doesn't win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree. James can't assume to win every immunity challenge (especially considering the the challenges so far after the merge were difficult for him), so in my opinion it would be stupid for him to play the idol when he has good reason to be fairly certain that he's not on the line. It's a tactical decision, and I think James has handled it ok so far. He might be a little too credulous, but imo he hasn't made a glaring mistake with the idols so far.

[/ QUOTE ]
Has Todd asked him for the other idol back yet? Can he give it to someone else as the game goes on?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:45 AM

fearless prediction time:

the people who decided to eat are up for another vote, one of them is going home
Old 11-16-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Has Todd asked him for the other idol back yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on camera as far as I have seen, but I guess he probably has since he whined about James not giving the idol back to him to the viewers once. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

the people who decided to eat are up for another vote, one of them is going home

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that idea, I hope it's true. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 11:37 AM

No idea how you don't do with Frosti first on this. James is strong, this isn't about strong, it's about balance and dexterity, which Frosti has in spades.

The red team was just retarded in the reward challenage. Why the hell would you keep bouncing the ball so high. Also agree with pudley that the setup of the challenage was lame.

wtf @ Frosti thinking that Courtney is out of his league. Maybe if he keeps that 'stache working.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. What was Frosti's last line when he exited?

Jeff: Frosti, the tribe has spoken.
Frosti: With cheesburgers left on their breath!

Everyone with cheesburgers left on their breath will be included in the next vote- James, Denise, Todd, Courtney. Three of them will vote for Courtney and she will be eliminated while Jean Robert cackles in the background.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:13 PM

I love Jaime so much its absurd.

The challenge was pretty weak...I liked the recommendation that everyone had to touch the ball.

I still think Amanda is a lock to win this thing.

Updated chances of final 3

Amanda: 3:1 (I might make this 1:1 soon, she is absolutely dominating this game in her own way)
Todd: 6:1 (like Amanda but the up front mastermind)
James: 7:1 (had the Idols but he is going to face major heat)
Erik: 9:1 (a bit of a threat that Todd/Amanda won't let get there---might be gone next week)
Denise: 8:1 (doesn't have enough game to get to the end IMO)
Courtney (8:1-she is def. a time-bomb but her lack of a chance in challenges--minus sitting on a log helps her so much)
PG (12:1--her schemes scare Todd/Amanda and she will be dealt with)

My prediction

7. PG
6. Erik
5. James
4. Denise
3. Courtney
2. Todd
1. Amanda
Old 11-16-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Jaime so much its absurd.

The challenge was pretty weak...I liked the recommendation that everyone had to touch the ball.

I still think Amanda is a lock to win this thing.

Updated chances of final 3

Amanda: 3:1 (I might make this 1:1 soon, she is absolutely dominating this game in her own way)
Todd: 6:1 (like Amanda but the up front mastermind)
James: 7:1 (had the Idols but he is going to face major heat)
Erik: 9:1 (a bit of a threat that Todd/Amanda won't let get there---might be gone next week)
Denise: 8:1 (doesn't have enough game to get to the end IMO)
Courtney (8:1-she is def. a time-bomb but her lack of a chance in challenges--minus sitting on a log helps her so much)
PG (12:1--her schemes scare Todd/Amanda and she will be dealt with)

My prediction

7. PG
6. Erik
5. James
4. Denise
3. Courtney
2. Todd
1. Amanda

[/ QUOTE ]

im no odds wizard but those cant be right. Some of those people have to have better chances than that mathematically speaking dont day?

If you were a book you'd be wiped out the first day
Old 11-16-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I strongly disagree. James can't assume to win every immunity challenge (especially considering the the challenges so far after the merge were difficult for him), so in my opinion it would be stupid for him to play the idol when he has good reason to be fairly certain that he's not on the line. It's a tactical decision, and I think James has handled it ok so far. He might be a little too credulous, but imo he hasn't made a glaring mistake with the idols so far.

[/ QUOTE ]In the past the physically strong are usually safe pre-merge (unless they're really difficult to deal with) but they have huge targets on their backs post-merge. Since he is so dominating, he should know that his target is ginormous.

The beauty of having two IIIs is that he doesn't have to win every IC; but he probably needs to win all but two. The only time I could see him not using an idol is when his alliance has a slim lead, like a 5-4 or 4-3 advantage. Then he might feel like his teammates wouldn't give up their majority to get rid of him, but last week his tribe was strong enough that they could afford to give up JRB. How do they not take the chance and vote James? Maybe he's unpopular enough that people like Todd and Amanda don't mind if he sticks around till the end.

Hell, if I were Todd, I'd say to Peih-Gee and her crew, "We're sick of JRB so we're giving you guys a pass and voting him out." Then Todd, Amanda, Courtney, Denise, and JRB vote for James while Peih-Gee, Eric, and Frosti (and James) vote for JRB. It's win-win. Either JRB or James goes home and you still don't lose your numerical advantage.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:07 PM

bobbylight,

no offense dude, but you are bad at math.