Old 09-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Rek Rek is offline

Location: London
Default PokerStars say you can break their rules

If you can’t be bothered to read the correspondence below I understand, if you be bothered read from the bottom up.

Basically I was playing a 6-man S&G and it was bubble time. I was short stacked and the other 2 had gone to the river on a board showing 2 pair. Big stacked makes a huge bet and the other guy is obviously contemplating a call when big stack tells him his holding (full house). As soon as he says this the other guy folds. Naturally I bubble soon after.

I complain to Stars (as below) and they agree the rules were broken. However they are not prepared to penalise him at least my buy in.

Do you guys agree they are right here?

Rek

Hello Rek

Thanks for the email.

I appreciate where you are coming from here.

Please rest assured that if this player repeats this kind of rule break in
future we will take a much harder stance in terms of punishment.

However, it is our policy to give a warning for a first offense. After
this, if the player breaks the rules when they are clearly aware of them we
will take further action.

I hope you can understand our reasons for this policy.

Regards,

Michael S
PokerStars Support Team

Old 09-02-2007, 06:25 AM
jkpoker jkpoker is offline

Location: Grinding
Default Re: PokerStars say you can break their rules

people lie all the time to make people fold?

Whats to say he didnt do this
Old 09-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Rek Rek is offline

Location: London

cash games and 2 left you can say what you like. In tourneys - no.

There is no dispute here - Stars admit the rules were broken but it still doesn't seem to matter. That is the point
Old 09-02-2007, 06:45 AM
BlueBear BlueBear is offline

I understand your disappointment with the Stars response to your complaint.

The fact that the actual cards may have little-to-no bearing on the final outcome does not change the fact that the big stack breached the rules in one of the worst ways possible (and outright cheated in my view). And such actions will hurt you in the long-run, if this situation is played over and over again.

I feel that your buy-in should at very least be returned. What the actual cards are in this hand should not even be a consideration, as a breach of rules is still a breach of rules. In other words, they should not excuse this breach of rules just because the cards didn't really affect the outcome in this instance.

Edit: I have also sent an e-mail to Pokerstars, so hopefully they can review this case in support of you.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:55 AM
RoundTower RoundTower is offline

Location: pushing YOU off the second nuts

I think Stars handled it very well.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:07 AM
BK1248 BK1248 is offline

tl;dr

give me some cliff notes
Old 09-02-2007, 07:13 AM
SmokeyRidesAgain SmokeyRidesAgain is offline

Location: drawing dead preflop

Snitches get doomswitches.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:58 AM
sonneti sonneti is offline

Am I reading this right? Two people are in a hand, the big stack says something like "fold I have you beat with a full house" and the other stack folds out?

Whats to say he wasn't bluffing? Would you have reported it if he said it to you? Would you have reported it if you hadn't bubbled?

This just doesn't make any sense, people often say they have all sorts of hands but it's just some dumb trash talk.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:00 AM
ZBTHorton ZBTHorton is offline

Location: SSNL Coaches PM ME!!

[ QUOTE ]