Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Recipient of a chip dump – what now?

Hi guys, following sillysal’s $47K account block by FTP I just wanted your views on chip dumping. That thread is getting mad so didn’t think it was worth asking it there.

If you knowingly assist a chip dump then presumably your accounts will get suspended and you will lose your money. No probs there. However, if you play honestly and “win” money that is then deemed as dumping do the sites take back the “dumped” amount?

If the “dumped” money is taken back when you are innocent of wrongdoing is the integrity of the games called into question. In other words, if you lose money in a game where dumping is going on then obviously you lose. But if you “win” you also lose by them claiming it back.

Just wondering…. perhaps I could have searched
Old 11-01-2007, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Recipient of a chip dump – what now?

First off, I don't think the sites really "know" when chip dumping occurs. The standard for knowing would be so high as to seriously undermine any serious attempt at policing the games. I think an inductively strong argument or just a reasonable belief would be more realistic (and the way most sites enforce the rules).

To get to the heart of your question, I think a site should never penalize an honest player who inadvertantly stumbles upon corrupt players and benefits as a result. Part of the rake should insulate honest players from the actions of cheats, grifters, criminals and other bad dudes. The general assumption should be legitimate game play (win or lose) and the honest player should not have funds confiscated or awarded that result from 'chip dumping.'

Jeffrey

Jeffrey
Old 11-01-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Recipient of a chip dump – what now?

Thanks Jeff, I agree thats how it should be - just wondered if that is the case.