Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 07:04 AM

Default Re: are there really 2?

does it not seem that the right is both misrepresented and unrepresented in the last 8 years? This is what i mean by a 1 party system, its like half the lefties just said one day "now im a righty" and then killed all the real righties or colluded to silence them(killed figuratively) so the consequence is 1 party with 2 factions, thoughts?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The government would get bigger under Hillary.

Is that an incorrect statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigger than it is now? Sure. Bigger than it would if Bush were president instead for the next 4 years? Maybe.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion, Hillary would do anything Giuliani would do, plus more.

2 examples: Giuliani wants to leave abortion up to the states, Giuliani wants to leave healthcare private.

"ergo", Giuliani is for smaller government than clinton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giuliani wants to leave health care private... but still have government pay for it! So yes, he does support a version of socialized medicine. In fact, while I think vouchers would be an improvement for schools, due to the fact that medical vouchers would keep and increase the corruption of insurance companies, it may actually be worse than Hillary's plan.

Giuliani's statements towards health care are the most politiciany double talky nonsense of any of the candidates.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
never posted here before, but this will be fun. How does the community here feel about the party system in America? To me, it seems more like there is really only one party, half believe abortion should be legal and the other half believe gay's shouldn't get married.

I learned when i was very young that the left wing was about big government, while the right was more into self governance. Do we really have those choices? seems like both "party"'s are increasingly similar and both spend more and more money every year. As a clear example, as far as policy goes, what's the difference between Hillary and Bush?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish there was a 3rd party, but the fact of the matter is most Americans are so stuck in democrat republican mode that they can't get out of it. So what politiciansd do is they kind of evolve and stay true to taditional party lines but then welcome in new ideas.
One thing is for sure when you look at the republican George Bush is, it is much different than what the Reagen was.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:39 AM

Our ruling clerics, i mean the media, choose our candidates. If a candidate is not in favor of larger government, they are not taken seriously.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
never posted here before, but this will be fun. How does the community here feel about the party system in America? To me, it seems more like there is really only one party, half believe abortion should be legal and the other half believe gay's shouldn't get married.

I learned when i was very young that the left wing was about big government, while the right was more into self governance. Do we really have those choices? seems like both "party"'s are increasingly similar and both spend more and more money every year. As a clear example, as far as policy goes, what's the difference between Hillary and Bush?

[/ QUOTE ]

"In the United States, the political system is a very marginal affair. There are two parties, so-called, but they're really factions of the same party, the Business Party. Both represent some range of business interests. In fact, they can change their positions 180 degrees, and nobody even notices. " - Noam Chomsky

"I mean, what's the elections? You know, two guys, same background, wealth, political influence, went to the same elite university, joined the same secret society where you're trained to be a ruler - they both can run because they're financed by the same corporate institutions. At the Democratic Convention, Barack Obama said, 'only in this country, only in America, could someone like me appear here.' Well, in some other countries, people much poorer than him would not only talk at the convention - they'd be elected president. Take Lula. The president of Brazil is a guy with a peasant background, a union organizer, never went to school, he's the president of the second-biggest country in the hemisphere. Only in America? I mean, there they actually have elections where you can choose somebody from your own ranks. With different policies. That's inconceivable in the United States." - Noam Chomsky
Old 11-04-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"In the United States, the political system is a very marginal affair. There are two parties, so-called, but they're really factions of the same party, the Business Party. Both represent some range of business interests. In fact, they can change their positions 180 degrees, and nobody even notices. " - Noam Chomsky

"I mean, what's the elections? You know, two guys, same background, wealth, political influence, went to the same elite university, joined the same secret society where you're trained to be a ruler - they both can run because they're financed by the same corporate institutions. At the Democratic Convention, Barack Obama said, 'only in this country, only in America, could someone like me appear here.' Well, in some other countries, people much poorer than him would not only talk at the convention - they'd be elected president. Take Lula. The president of Brazil is a guy with a peasant background, a union organizer, never went to school, he's the president of the second-biggest country in the hemisphere. Only in America? I mean, there they actually have elections where you can choose somebody from your own ranks. With different policies. That's inconceivable in the United States." - Noam Chomsky

[/ QUOTE ]

umm....ya QFT?
Old 11-04-2007, 02:50 PM

Yeah, there is essentially one party.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:55 PM

Democrats and Republicans are like Coke and Pepsi. They're different enough that they're distinguishable, but when you think about it they're really the same thing.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:06 PM

to me its just that Hillary will tell you that she's making the government bigger, while Giuliani,romney and thompson would just obfuscate and sort of hide or just not mention they're huge spending increases.