Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Re: What Wii games should I get?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Which of the mini-games do you still play regularly? IMO they are all pretty weak and poorly done.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, single-player Tanks is worth the $10 alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to check it out. That was the one game I sort of skipped since I didnt have 2 nunchucks at the time.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wii play is a vvv solid choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I honestly don't know if its even worth the $10 above the cost of a remote. I played it for about an hour the day I bought it and I don't think its seen the light of day since.

Which of the mini-games do you still play regularly? IMO they are all pretty weak and poorly done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its exponentially more fun with other people.

Laser air hockey, cow racing, and the shooting range are my 3 favs. Cow racing is particualrly fun, air hockey is hard to get used to, and shooting is just fun.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:19 AM

Dude, I played it with other people. The air hockey could be fun but the controls are so shakey and sh*tty that it takes all the fun out of the game, ditto for the shooting. Cow racing is alright I guess but I really can't see playing it more than 5 or 6 times before the novelty wears off.

Mario Party 8 has some fun shooting games because they somehow manage to smooth out the remote motions rather than having the crosshair be an unsteady over-responsive mess.

If you still play the games then that's cool, you got your money's worth. In my case, the game had about ZERO replay value and was probably not even worth the $10.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:44 PM

I've had the chance to play a number of games, here's my thoughts.

Get:

Metriod Prime - From all the reviews this sounds above and beyond anything else on the Wii. It looks more like Halo than any other metriod games. If they work in multiplayer, this could be a pretty big thing.

The Bigs - If you're a sports fan, of even a fan of sports games, this game is pretty fun. It's fast paced, high octane, and one of the more responsive sports games I've played on the wii.

SuperPaperMario - Pretty fun if you grew up in the 90s and are a mario fan at all. It's very mario 3/super mario bros (snes).

Madden 08 - Fun game but tons of issues at release. The online play is worth it, and assures that the issues will get patched.

Maybe Get:

Mario Strikers - Pretty fun and deep game. Haven't played enough of it, but it seems like there is potential for a fairly good wacky sports game here.

Zelda - I don't think it lived up to all the hype. The story is pure sh!t, and the gameplay is soso. Don't get me wrong, i've read my share of books, but I can't stand reading all the dialogue in a video game. I mean, cmon, even PSone had cut scenes....

WiiPlay - Maybe worth it for the remote and playing a few of the games multiplayer, but I can't imagine anyone playing any of the minigames more than an hour or two alone.

Tiger Woods Golf - I'm in the same boat as most people...this is an ideal game for this platform, but it doesn't live up to it.

SSX Blur - This could be fun if you're a snowboarder or liked these games in the past. It's a very familiar story line, but some of the methods of doing tricks seems counter-intuitive. I would recommend renting it first.

Big Brain Academy - Super fun for a background party game. It gets a little repetitive, but if you've got intelligent, competitive friends it can be a blast. I think this is the best of this genre.

Wario Ware - About the same as BBA, fun for group of friends, but very little singer player value... It is definetly worth a look

Don't get:

Mario Party 8 - Same as the rest of these...fun for a group of people, but no single player value. This game seems on the bottom end of this genre for me though.

Trauma Center - Decent rental, but not worth buying. The story is decent, but the anime ruins it for me...fairly fun to play for a day or two. (Elebits is about the same).

Prince of Persia - Decent single player game if you didn't play it on the other platforms. Maybe a good 3-4 day rental.

Call of Duty 3 - Yuck.

Marble Mania - Decent game for 2-3 hours...little else after that.

Wing Island - Yuck.

Super Swing Golf: Anime again?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:22 PM

I like mario party 8,

but I have not played single player, the last mario party game I got was 4 64, I have many friends....with a wii, competitive bunch of friends who are evenly matched, we drink alot,
Old 08-25-2007, 03:13 PM

I have SSX blur. i'd rent it before you buy. it's a fun game, and i'm glad i bought it, but it takes A LONG time to get used to the controls, and you might be completely turned off by them. it's definitely not as good as SSX Tricky or SSX 3 (man, SSX 3 was an incredible game).

Warioware is a fun game, but it takes the right group of people to really enjoy it. so that one honestly depends on your friends. it's a good game to play with a friend or two where you pass the remote around and watch each other play.