Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Must win game? Did any of you reall think the Bills, er Sabres, could really pull it off this year?

I have to go puke now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I did. I'm not your normal jump off the cliff pessimist Buffalo fan.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:50 PM

I try not to be, but after 35 years of season tickets, playoffs in -25 degrees, screaming and yelling, this kind of [censored] takes its toll.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we seriously play a better team any time soon ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeesh, at least pretend to have some class. Remember we were in the exact same spot not long ago!

Is there a more useless trophy in sports than the Presiden't Trophy? It should be renamed the "We're going to tank in the playoffs" trophy.

I won't be sad if the Sens never win that stupid thing again.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:12 PM

...its not like we were the Sens and could never make it to the conference finals....4 trips in 9 years isnt too shabby...

....its not like we choked in the 1st or 2nd round...we made it to the Conference Finals for god sakes and just ran into a team peaking at the right time....[censored] happens it [censored] sucks but life goes on and Ill be there all next year still cheering them on....

...maybe we are the 2004 Red Sox of Hockey [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2007, 10:14 PM

I guess I haven't played enough (any) or watched enough reg. season games to consider myself an expert or really understand what's going on here. Ottawa looks great but are they really the '95 Devils now defensively with the same players as last year? I like Lindy but is any of this coaching? How does our PP look so pathetic getting pressured on the blue line vs. NYR in Game 3 and still have no answer for the same PK strategy six games later? Do they try to make any adjustments in practice?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...its not like we were the Sens and could never make it to the conference finals....4 trips in 9 years isnt too shabby...

....its not like we choked in the 1st or 2nd round...we made it to the Conference Finals for god sakes and just ran into a team peaking at the right time....[censored] happens it [censored] sucks but life goes on and Ill be there all next year still cheering them on....

...maybe we are the 2004 Red Sox of Hockey [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree with you if they were giving the Sens an actual battle. They can kiss my ass right about now.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:18 PM

lol @ rafiki's sweep - this is the dope who earlier up the thread was putting money on sabres -150 in game 2 - how'd that bet work out for you, rafiki?

sabres can make this comeback, but jesus - i missed most of the game, but how a team so offensively talented can put 14 shots on the worst goalie left in the playoffs (and it's not even close) - i think briere's playing his way on to some other team.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ rafiki's sweep - this is the dope who earlier up the thread was putting money on sabres -150 in game 2 - how'd that bet work out for you, rafiki?

sabres can make this comeback, but jesus - i missed most of the game, but how a team so offensively talented can put 14 shots on the worst goalie left in the playoffs (and it's not even close) - i think briere's playing his way on to some other team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Briere was about the only one to show up tonight besides Miller. He's getting no help. They should have thrown Briere with Vanek and Afinogenov awhile ago. Looked pretty decent there at the end. At least it's three guys are a trying.

Drury's been completely invisible for three games now.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I haven't played enough (any) or watched enough reg. season games to consider myself an expert or really understand what's going on here. Ottawa looks great but are they really the '95 Devils now defensively with the same players as last year? I like Lindy but is any of this coaching? How does our PP look so pathetic getting pressured on the blue line vs. NYR in Game 3 and still have no answer for the same PK strategy six games later? Do they try to make any adjustments in practice?

[/ QUOTE ]

It only took time for the league to catch up with how to slow down the Sabres in the neutral zone and not let them have the room they need...Islanders and Rangers tried but just didnt have the speed to do it...the Sens def do as you can see...

...our PP has been a disaster all year which baffled me for a while, but the Sabres strength was always speed and transition game which is not what the PP is about....our blue line gets pressured too easy on the PP and tend to make bad forced plays instead of trusting a dump and chase, instead we give up odd man rushes and breakways like in game 1...

...I think Ruff has tried to make the adjustments but these guys have been running and gunning the last 2 years and he cant get them to break that instinct...

...I dont want them to overhaul the Sabres, but they definitely need to upgrade there defense...They ony have Lydman and Tallinder who can truly be counted on game in and out, and Campbell who is good as pushing the play when his confidence isnt shot like it has seemed...

...up front they need a true banger line to get out there and create some engergy...throw Gaustad, Mair and Stafford on a line for Game 4, and see what mess they can cause
Old 05-14-2007, 10:35 PM

I have a strong feeling campbell is playing hurt. He was one of the fastest players and he's been losing a lot of foot races these past 2 series.

Miller played amazing tonight. Briere also had a good game (although i hated how he played that 1 on 1 vs Emery down low). Afinogenov seems to cause the sens a lot of problems but can't finish (big suprise)

The Sens are just peaking like no other. Their Pizza line is insane right now, Alfredsson is knocking any puck out of the air within 10 ft of him. I'm more in shock at how well he's playing then anything else. The Sens seem to neutralize the sabres depth in forwards with very good forechecking, and the Sabres are not getting physical with the Sens defense.

Ugh, its been good hockey, but frustrating for a sabres fan, as with the exception of 1 period, the Sabres really have not raised their level of play in response.

stealthcow-