Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Professional Poker player looking for Assistant

I think most of you don't get the point. I am looking for someone who is going to work 8 hours a week max. It's going to be very casual, if they cannot complete a task it's not a big deal. I'm not looking for a full time assistant/secretary, or whatever you wanna call it. I live in in a college party house and i'm lazy. we're just trying to find a cute girl to help us out with what i think a very well paying job considering the requirements
Old 10-30-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
which would u take if these 2 types applied?

a)mediocre chick that can do the tasks competently
b) super fine chick that basically cant do any of the tasks but stops by your crib anytime you want and costs 3x more.

id lean towards b personally, i mean how hard is it to cook eggs, or order tacos yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Option A, althought Option B is tempting. I need someone who can complete tasks most of the time. I'm not interested in paying a hot girl to come over and hang out. I have plenty of hot girl friends [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 03:40 AM

college kids take [censored] 6 dollar an hour jobs
this is a great deal for them
Old 10-30-2007, 03:43 AM

all that [censored] you want them do is not gonna be anywhere near only 8 hours a week.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:49 AM

its might be over 8 hrs if cleaning is involved
Old 10-30-2007, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is some of the responses we got:

Hi Dane,This job sounds perfect for me. I have a very flexible schedule and meet all of the requirements . I am extremley easy going and have been looking for a job like this for months. I love to cook for other people and I like to shop , so that would not be a problem. If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask. My phone number is xxx xxx xxxx and my myspace link myspace.com if that doesnt work you can search for me on there with e mail xxxxxxx@hotmail.com Hope to hear back.-Victoria

It was really funny.
But i'm extremely broke....do you really make that much money playing poker?
that's amazing.
I go to sdsu on Tuesdays (all day) and Thursday (until 3 PM). I work about 30 hours a week at a hotel, but other than that I'm open. I can cook you breakfast most days of the week. I get up really early so cooking before school or work won't be a problem. And if your not awake yet, I can just wrap whatever I cooked in tin-foil to keep it warm.
I meet all your requirements...and I've always wanted to be a personal assistant because i think I would be awesome at it.
I'm a neat freak so your house would basically be immaculate.
Oh and if you have me shop for you...well... you'll be looking really hot.

If you like me....and i get paid enough I can always quit my job. As long as the income is enough to pay my rent.

~Janelle

look me up,
www.myspace.com/

Hi Dane,

Hire me!!! I just moved back to SD for Irvine & have sorta been looking for work as a matter of fact I'm flying to SF today for an interview with in Walnut Creek as a manager (but I really don't want to move).

I'm a bit older then your required age, but maturity is experience & I know you'll be very happy with my cooking as well as I'm very trust worthy & have yet to let anyone down.

Here's my myspace info if you want to check me out
& I've also attached a picture & my resume.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day...Hire me!!!

Elai

Note: i edited out all of the personal info like myspace urls and phone #s

[/ QUOTE ]

how does Elai look? are any of these contenders for the job?

NATALIE FTW

PS: Natalie might be matusows sister....
Old 10-30-2007, 04:40 AM

I've definitely considered this.

I would be eating a lot healthier if someone would actually cook for me, instead of eating a lot of takeout. I'd probably feel better overall, and might play better as a result.

obviously having an assistant comes down to ev. for example if someone is making $200/hr, then it makes sense for them to hire someone to cook meals for $10/hr.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:05 AM

Yeah, this is a good idea, I'd do the same thing if I was in position to. The pay seems fine, as long as it's not >15hr/wk. It's a good job for a college student.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:06 AM

Ok, even if somehow this girl were to work 30-40 hours a week @ $15 an hour, that is only $450-$600 a week. Whoever you hire is not going to work 30-40 hours a week..in fact it will be a max of 2-3 hours a day..so no more than 20 hours a week and even this is kind of pushing it. $500 for 20 hours a week is frankly ridiculous. Nobody in this line of work makes $25 an hour. Think of the demographic he is hiring...age 18-25ish...if they make $10 an hour they are happy...so $15+ an hour is a really good catch for them. Also, they won't be working hard all 20 hours...there will likely be some downtime where they just chill or are driving; I doubt the OP will be some superstrict employer and this isn't even for a business.

Lastly, when I looked at hiring a personal assistant 3 months ago, I talked to my friend who runs a small real estate investment firm to get an idea of the "industry standard". He has 3 full time personal assistants for himself and his business. When he placed the ads to hire them, he advertised $10-$12 an hour. He received 122 applicants in 3 days. He has three solid mid-20s girls working for him and they all make $12.50 an hour working full time. So, $500 for 40 hours of actual work in an office. And, he takes out taxes.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:14 AM

I work in recruitment and I know the business very well (Europe) . OP shouldnt have any difficulties finding somebody for that kind of money, hot colleges girls or even professional assistants whatsoever.
He should advertise in the right places tho or even better contact a local recruitment agency.