Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

We lost by one score to 2-2 New York while missing five starters, 4 of which have gone to multiple probowls.

[/ QUOTE ]

13 point conversion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yeah, my bad I forgot that the touchdown was called back due to a penalty. I was drinking heavily at that point.

And, just FYI, if you score a touchdown standing atop the goalposts it's worth 11 points and then you can go for 2. So, yeah, 13 point conversion.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know why anyone thinks this team is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't understand your reverse homer bias.

We narrowly lost to 4-0 Green Bay.
We lost by one score to 2-1 Washington.
We destroyed 3-1 Detroit.
We lost by one score to 2-2 New York while missing five starters, 4 of which have gone to multiple probowls.

Yeah, that's just a terrible team right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Missing players and injuries and all that contributed to why the Eagles are not a good team. I don't think they are a bad team, but they aren't good.

All I saw was loss, loss, win, loss. That means not a good team. Hopefully we'll recover a lot with our bye week and right this ship. But with Dallas cruising right now, I hope that we can get to 10-6 (being optimistic) and land a wild card spot.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:48 AM

They lost to 2 bad teams, I dont think GB is really good either, and they just handed that loss over. There just arent enough games to give the other team victories, and the Eagles have already done that at least once. The offense has been awful 3 of 4 games, and I would have them as underdogs every NFC East game that they play the rest of the year.

Plus dallas is really good, and gets the browns first round pick next year. I guess this is similar to how it was last year, but the Eagles had Garcia, who is amazing.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They lost to 2 bad teams, I dont think GB is really good either, and they just handed that loss over. There just arent enough games to give the other team victories, and the Eagles have already done that at least once. The offense has been awful 3 of 4 games, and I would have them as underdogs every NFC East game that they play the rest of the year.

Plus dallas is really good, and gets the browns first round pick next year. I guess this is similar to how it was last year, but the Eagles had Garcia, who is amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

the stupid Browns have to stop winning. I wanted a top 5 pick there. Now I'm praying top 10.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i pretty much can't stand the way philly fans act towards their well-paid players that underperform (i.e. pat burrell)

[/ QUOTE ]

Burrell has been getting enormous standing ovations for months now. The fans didn't boo Burrell when he "underperformed", they booed Burrell when he was horrible and hitting around the [censored] Mendonza line.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol is this your first season watching the phillies? burrell has been getting booed for years
Old 10-01-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol is this your first season watching the phillies? burrell has been getting booed for years

[/ QUOTE ]

The booing started in 2003, which was supposed to be his breakout year. Instead, he hit .209. When you hit .209, you get booed.

Since then, he's had four unremarkable seasons. But he's so damn streaky, every year he spends a couple months in a massive slump. When he slumps, he gets booed. When he's hot (as he has been since about July), he gets cheered every time he steps to the plate.

All in all, his streaks average out and he is an above average offensive player, a poor defensive player, which would be fine, except he makes $13M/season.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:05 PM

I didn't mean that it was time to hand it over to Kolb now, just that it was time to plan to hand it over to Kolb in a couple of years.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't mean that it was time to hand it over to Kolb now, just that it was time to plan to hand it over to Kolb in a couple of years.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the plan since day 1. Kolb will be starting in 2009, maybe 2010.

And he will be gooood.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:37 PM

The biggest problem I have with the offense (outside of Justice) is that none of the receivers (sans westbrook) is able to get any separation at the line of scrimmage. Reggie Brown can't get open and Curtis is a streaky player who excels when not manhandled at the line scrimmage.

If the team doesn't kick the injury bug, I'd say hello 7-9; however something like 9-7 is possible if they get everyone back healthy. Chicago and NO look like very winnable games right now.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:42 PM

For as bad as Justice was Reid did not do anything to help him like putting Schobel or Celek over there constantly to help him.

Buckhalter looked okay, the defense looked okay, Rocca was better, it was just the worst performance from the offensive line I've seen in the Reid era since they stopped going 5-11.

This is a 8-8 football team this year and there is no way around it.

Dallas is gonna win the NFC East and likely go 13-3 and win the NFC.

I don't even see a Wild Card in the Eagles this year.

LET's GO PHILLIES