Raise 39 52.00%
Fold 36 48.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive heard of alot of ppl serving premium burbon cold, but never scotch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never drink bourbon cold. Maybe a cube or two during the summer. Where do these ideas come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it must just be because people drink most drinks cold, so they figure all drinks should be cold.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vodka >>>>>>>> Your Freezer
White Wine >>> Your Fridge
Pink Wine >>>> Your Grandma's Fridge

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't nothing wrong with a little Rosé from time to time, even if it means stealing it from Gramms
Old 08-16-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive heard of alot of ppl serving premium burbon cold, but never scotch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never drink bourbon cold. Maybe a cube or two during the summer. Where do these ideas come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it must just be because people drink most drinks cold, so they figure all drinks should be cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true (about how you're not supposed to keep liquor in the freezer)? I'm putting together a bar for my place, but one reason I'm hesitant to is because I keep all my liquor in the freezer. We generally don't shoot it--it's always with club or tonic or something on the rocks, so it just seems to work better.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:38 PM

Liquor is nasty in the freezer with few execptions:
Jager - absolutely should be served chilled.
Vodka - many people *will* put it in the freezer, but I personally dislike when it thickens up. It tends to have a nasty effect on shots and drinks.
Patron - strangely, a bar I go to has a Patron 'machine' that spits out chilled shots. While weird in concept, it's really not bad in practice.

*Scotch should NEVER be put in the freezer (except maybe Johnny Walker as that [censored] is nearly undrinkable). If you see someone pull a nice single malt out of their freezer, feel free to steal the bottle as they don't deserve it.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Liquor is nasty in the freezer with few execptions:
Jager - absolutely should be served chilled.
Vodka - many people *will* put it in the freezer, but I personally dislike when it thickens up. It tends to have a nasty effect on shots and drinks.
Patron - strangely, a bar I go to has a Patron 'machine' that spits out chilled shots. While weird in concept, it's really not bad in practice.

*Scotch should NEVER be put in the freezer (except maybe Johnny Walker as that [censored] is nearly undrinkable). If you see someone pull a nice single malt out of their freezer, feel free to steal the bottle as they don't deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, I cant imagaine drinking a cold single malt
Old 08-16-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I've actually met that Harry Potter girl Emma Watson (Jay Riall feel free to e-touch me!)

I don't think she's anything too special from the pics in particular but when I met her she was really quite fit

Beat: I highly doubt she would remember me but maybe my mate who got her phone number.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG MY HERO!!!!!!!111!111! Lol where'd you meet her? Your mate who got her number ever meet her again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to quite an exceptional school and she was looking around to see if she thought it was the school for, alas she ended up going somewhere else (she wouldn't have been out of place there, but would have been the most self-made famous student). I don't think too much came of those two but it was at the end of the year where I left the school and I haven't really spoken to that mate since (he was one of the guys I shared a dorm with for ~2 years).

FWIW Daniel Radcliffe is a tool
...Eugene Blair is the biggest POS on the planet tho
Old 08-16-2007, 10:29 PM

Lol how is Radcliffe toolish irl? Just comes off as geeky to me on tv.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God why are the Bills like the worst freaking team in Madden? I realize they're not jammed with superstars, but they went 7-9 and had a good draft (and yes lost some veterans). But to be the literal *worst* team? wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

You cant imagine the smile on my face when i saw this.

[/ QUOTE ]

EMC -

Are you going to the game tomorow?
Old 08-16-2007, 11:36 PM

Beat: Got into the first car accident of my life today...

...with a post.

I was backing up out of my carport, which has posts on either side in the back, and these [censored] [censored] construction workers leave their trucks in my driveway every day so I was trying to squeeze through the little hole they left me to get out, and while backing up turned the wheel to squeeze through the hole w/o realizing that the front of my car was still in the carport, and so the front-right of my car hit the post in the perfect [censored] spot to DETACH THE FRONT PANEL FROM MY CAR. O rly? Ya rly. So yeah, one of the construction guys helped me makeshift-tie it back on, but my blinker's kinda busted too and yeah it's just not cool. I can still drive my car though so I guess it's not all bad, I just don't know when I'm gonna find time to have it repaired.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beat: Got into the first car accident of my life today...

...with a post.

I was backing up out of my carport, which has posts on either side in the back, and these [censored] [censored] construction workers leave their trucks in my driveway every day so I was trying to squeeze through the little hole they left me to get out, and while backing up turned the wheel to squeeze through the hole w/o realizing that the front of my car was still in the carport, and so the front-right of my car hit the post in the perfect [censored] spot to DETACH THE FRONT PANEL FROM MY CAR. O rly? Ya rly. So yeah, one of the construction guys helped me makeshift-tie it back on, but my blinker's kinda busted too and yeah it's just not cool. I can still drive my car though so I guess it's not all bad, I just don't know when I'm gonna find time to have it repaired.

[/ QUOTE ]

smash the wideshield, puncture a tire and pull out the radio.

then neglect ure insurance company and call pimp my ride
Closed Thread