Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 10:47 AM

Default Party Poker iPod

I ordered an iPod from party. When it comes in the mail, can I take that iPod to the apple store, and get store credit for a new iPod? Like the 8bg nano that just came out and looks awesome?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Party Poker iPod

Possibly, I don't know Apple's policy on returns. But if you're wondering whether or not the iPods from the Party store are engraved or branded in any way, I can confirm that mine was not. It arrived fully packaged with no references to Party anywhere on it.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:53 PM

sweet. anyone know the apple or even bestbuy return policy?
Old 09-13-2006, 03:37 PM

walmart takes everything. i've even heard they'll take stuff that they don't even sell.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:41 PM

I want them Maui Jim Mauna Loa sunglasses... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2006, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not going to get [censored] back from Best Buy, at the very least, without a receipt.

But then again, attempting to defraud a company sounds like loads of fun. Give it a shot. Seriously, this may be one of the more ridiculous ideas I've heard before.

EDIT ADD: That came off really bad, but seriously. Going to Apple might work, and that would be the most acceptable solution if you absolutely HAVE to do that, since Party would've gotten them from Apple. Going to any retail place like Best Buy or Circuit City or whatever, not only will it not work, its, you know, fraud. Companies lose money on returns, hence they certainly won't take a return on something they didn't even sell.

Or, on the other hand, you could, I dunno, use some of your poker winnings and actually buy the iPod you want?
Old 09-13-2006, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not going to get [censored] back from Best Buy, at the very least, without a receipt.

But then again, attempting to defraud a company sounds like loads of fun. Give it a shot. Seriously, this may be one of the more ridiculous ideas I've heard before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back in my day I used to buy computer games, burn them onto my computer and perfectly repackage them and return them to BB. Viva la revolution!
~J
Old 09-13-2006, 03:46 PM

normally i would feel bad about this sort of thing but I'm not gonna open it, and i want to get store credit and just upgrade to a better iPod.

I have a feeling the mac store will do it, they are real suckers there.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Back in my day I used to buy computer games, burn them onto my computer and perfectly repackage them and return them to BB. Viva la revolution!
~J

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, if you're that good, well done sir. My edit already says I came off like an ass, but I think my point was at least clear. Nothing says you can't return a product that's still in its original packaging...although in a way you're still ripping people off, but its the video game company this time.

I gotta wonder, with all these balla poker winnars around here, why do people always have to be looking for the ways to spend the least money? We could use more gambooooolers and people with 75" plasmas and [censored]. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2006, 03:48 PM

it's a gift for someone i don't like very much. And that's the truth.