Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Catching Myspace stalkers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The way you described it I still don't understand how it would work even if you did have the IP address.

It would be kinda funny how creeped out everyone would be with one another if something like this came out all the sudden that everyone knew about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like 2p2 right now is tracking our IP's for everything we do, you can put an image on your profile and getting stats on that image would show you all the IP addresses that accessed that image.

If you knew ex's IP address, you just try to match it up with stats from picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm so in that case you wouldnt even need the sites? Or you would need them to get the stats from the picture? Sorry if Im being dumb here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You "might" be able to use the sites. I'm not sure if they give you IP addresses when they don't have a Myspace match. If not, then you would need some kind of hosting yourself with webstats associated with it.

I'm not versed on webstats. Someone like guids who knows computers could probably answer more specific questions. I used to host my avatar on my own webspace and when I looked at my webstats, I had a ton of IP addresses, of which all were from 2p2 users who viewed one of my posts causing my avatar to be accessed.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it widely regarded that all of these things DON'T work? Until I find out otherwise I'm not going to add any sort of dodge code to my page.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I don't think any codes have worked for a while. a year or so ago there were a lot of good ones, but now none of them work.

I wouldn't put these into your profile without knowing they work because myspace might delete your profile if they find the code anywhere in there.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:02 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

heh. I have one of these that isn't taking new registers, it sorta still works. Theres either this 15 yr old kid, his 12 yr old sister, or 35 yr old father who go's right to my profile about 10 times a day.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heh. I have one of these that isn't taking new registers, it sorta still works. Theres either this 15 yr old kid, his 12 yr old sister, or 35 yr old father who go's right to my profile about 10 times a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah cause they just track IP's or whatever. that kinda sucks.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:18 AM

I've just felt the urge to confess. I stalk this girls MySpace page. I do not know her. Whatever. Why wouldn't you?

Old 05-26-2007, 06:59 AM

wow this girl is friends with a lot of my friends irl, sick. she came over to my city recently to stay with them. and yeah, she's hot. ps this is in australia, lol internet...