Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Turning Stone march madness 1 year anniversary.

clayton: arent you <21? So by best dealers; you mean best of WPT Niagra/Turning Stone?

The dealers really arent that great (in terms of dealing skill/hands per hour/etc); but they're nice/friendly people, so i like them there more than i do at AC. Theres a few that do their job really well also (but if you're not looking for any social aspects, just gimme an asian dealer that gets the most hands crammed into his shift)

your other points are right on though; they're way to hesitant to start up new tables, and could 'loosen up' some.

and also; when he says he's the guy running the show; i'd assume he means the guy with thinning black hair.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:58 AM

i used to play at turning stone quite regularly, Clayton i met you there but am currently busto due to some legal issues and i totally agree with you......Dealers are the [censored], but the floor people have something stuck up their ass, and the big fat guy who runs the board when don is not there is a [censored] prick.......Dave is the only nice floor guy he was a dealer previously obv and is cool as [censored]
Old 02-14-2007, 05:57 AM

guys the floor at tstone is awesome don't hate on them clayton they did let the 1/3 half and half game go that night which is awesome. They also involuntarily let the flipament happen too.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
guys the floor at tstone is awesome don't hate on them clayton they did let the 1/3 half and half game go that night which is awesome. They also involuntarily let the flipament happen too.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but they were pretty much furious afterwards
Old 02-14-2007, 05:59 AM

with just cause.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with just cause.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh no we messed up their precious dealer schedule and tied up one whole table for 10 minutes, and then to rub it in, randal totally stiffed the dealer by only tipping like 50x more than a normal TS nit tips on the average hand! I'm surprised they didn't give us what we deserved, by which i mean a severe beating in the back room!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with just cause.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh no we messed up their precious dealer schedule and tied up one whole table for 10 minutes, and then to rub it in, randal totally stiffed the dealer by only tipping like 50x more than a normal TS nit tips on the average hand! I'm surprised they didn't give us what we deserved, by which i mean a severe beating in the back room!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, sorry about the unintentional slowroll nath, i was more in shock i had the best hand and just failed to react immediately for fear of someone else slowrolling.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:33 AM

I would be a shorter, heavier, balding guy who strictly runs the tournaments. I appreciate your comments and thank you for your praises. As for the floor staff in the room, Icant speak too much for what goes on down there while the tournies are going on. All I know is that from my perspective in the tournament, I have to try and run a pretty tight ship in order to try provide a fair, well-run event for you guys... all the while trying to keep 200+ players(all w/ different personalities, styles of play,and sometimes difficult attitudes) in line and working towards the same goal. So good luck to you all and i look forward to seeing all of you soon.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:58 AM

Bob Loblaw: yes, I am 20, and the dealers at TS were about 20x better than the dealers at Niagara and I've heard horrible things about Foxwoods, so perhaps a limited sample.

shaun: WTF? okay, so they ran a microstakes half/half game go, and they ran a flipament by accident. both times they were probably irritated to all hell.

even going to niagara was a huge refresher just in terms of having a responsive floor staff that was able to spread accomodating games without being douches. I don't know your experience of live stuff outside of TS, but it's a goddam joke the way the poker room is run sometimes there.
i will hate as much as i please and am genuinely surprised anyone would defend TS' floor, let alone Shaun.

case example was when myself and a few friends turned a 200nl table into a $3rebuy, delighting the hell out of the other nits at the table, tipping the dealers more in that brief span than what they probably collectively made for many hours on end until that point, and generally having a fun time.

in spite of that, in spite of energizing the place up a little and giving the dealers ridiculous amounts of money, the floor made everyone sit down and shut up, god help that any games would be like a craps table. that's just one example of like 50 I could come up with on the spot, be it general attitude, unaccomodating floor rulings, and terrible game spreads with an inability to accomodate for higher action games sometimes.

my personal favorite moment of last year, poker-wise, was taking my seat at the main event and sharing some floor-staff horror stories and generally sharing my opinion, to which the old dealer chided me for my immaturity, or something similar.

approx 2 minutes later the old gentleman who had been playing HU LHE versus HIV the entire week takes the seat to my direct left, and the first thing out of his mouth is how all of the floor staff are huge [censored], and everyone who disagrees with him is a goddam idiot. everyone at the table smiles except the dealer =)
Old 02-16-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
god help that any games would be like a craps table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually played a fair amount of craps at TStone; you might not be surprised to hear that the pit management has a similar attitude. I've been told to quiet down almost every time I've been at a boisterous table.

We were playing roulette once, which consisted of putting a random number of chips on 8 each time and then yelling for it to come. Of course, the pit came over and told us we needed to quiet down, so I put $25 on 8 and it hit on the very next spin. we were pretty [censored] loud then. don't [censored] with the karma.