Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 09:23 AM

Default NL 10 KK oop against persistent villain line check

How would you have played this hand?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($14.39)
BB ($4.79)
Hero ($8.24)
MP ($9.04)
Button ($4.86)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.2</font>, MP calls $0.20, Button calls $0.20, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($0.67) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Villain seems like a good player. He is agressive and also calls raises preflop with SC's and calls bets when he hits flops but knows when to fold his worst hands.
I would normally 3-bet this also because i'm oop against a possible flushdraw (don't want him to get a free card on turn), but I flatcall because I want to checkraise him on the turn because I think he will still be betting even with a flushdraw.

Turn: ($2.67) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.05</font>, Hero calls $1.05.

Not the most pleasant card, so now my plan is to flatcall and see if I have to call a bet on the river.

River: ($4.77) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2.05</font>, Hero???

On the flop I put him on a Q, but I don't think he would bet the river, he would just check behind.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Re: NL 10 KK oop against persistent villain line check

You're doing well against hands like Q-10, Q-J, and K-Q. I would have 3 bet the flop to make him define his hand a bit more. If you 3-bet the flop you can lead into the turn and if you get raised you're going to have to re-evaluate. He might bet the river with a queen if he thought you had a queen. If he thought you had a queen it would be a split pot and he's betting to try and represent an Ace and not get a split pot.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:49 AM

raise more pf at this level. you'll get a call when betting .4 or .5

3-bet flop.

as played, you have to call that river.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:18 PM

AhXh and AQ beat you now (as does, actually, 8x), but I would call the river. It sounds like Villain is cold-calling a fairly wide range, and you do beat Qx and most busted hearts.

On the flop, a 3-bet may be a good idea, but you're barely even a favorite over AhXh and you're also playing very deep, so I think calling is okay, especially if you're correct that Villian will bet the turn for you with a heart draw. I think it's good to that, while you're keeping your turn checkraise idea in mind, you're not committed to it on every card that might fall.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:04 PM

wlsee00:
I also raise suited connectors/small pairs in LP to mix it up and to raise the limpers. My regular raise is 4 x BB. So when I do have AA/KK it's not that obviuous. Or do you think I should also raise 8-10 x BB with small pairs/ SC's?

Nick C:
I just started today playing 6-max tables, so I don't know what the average aggression postflop is. Do you see a lot of people minraising second pair on the flop and following it through on the turn with only a pair of 8's? But then again, if he had an 8, he would bet that river like that.

With the A on the turn, would you have checkraised the turn and if called, check-fold the river?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wlsee00:
I also raise suited connectors/small pairs in LP to mix it up and to raise the limpers. My regular raise is 4 x BB. So when I do have AA/KK it's not that obviuous. Or do you think I should also raise 8-10 x BB with small pairs/ SC's?

[/ QUOTE ]
At this level, you can raise varying amounts and no one will catch on. So, yeah go ahead and raise small pairs/SC's to 3-4x BB and your premiums to 8-10xBB