Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: is FPS becoming a new trend for SMTT 2+2ers?

one thing I've been seeing lately is people limping QJ/JT/T9 sooted hands utg and shoving over my raise...of course it's usually done by the truly retarded who can't recognize that they have no FE and I have to call. Of course they win the race against my AK/AQ.

As far as fancy play, in tourneys I play the players are generally so bad I have to keep it very straight forward. The few times I mix it up it's stuff like delayed c-bets. I can get more value out of made hands and take a pot down easier with air. The occasional time I make any sort of move, a villain calls me down with the bottom end of a low straight when the board is 4 to the flush. In the spirit of BBV perhaps I should move up to where they respect my raises.

erc, I agree that a successful MTT'er is capable of making thin value bets on the river. Sometimes it surprises me just how often people in SMTT are quick to say "check behind on river since worse hands don't call". I know there are many instances where the prudent play is checking behind, but I know in order for myself to improve I need to find those thin river value situations.