Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 06:03 PM

Default UB Locks My Acct to Investigate Possible Security Breach

Hi,

Long time lurker here. I'm a midstakes player on UB. I tried to log into my UB acct yesterday and I found that it was locked. When I contacted support, I was told that they are investigating a potential security breach.

Has anyone else had this experience? I have roughly 15k in my account (fortunately, I just made a large withdrawal). I am pretty upset to say the least. And to top it off, UB won't answer my questions as to the nature of the breach they are investigating. Did someone attempt to hack my account? Do they suspect ME of some illicit activity? I really have no idea, as support doesn't seem to want to answer my follow ups.

After the Absolute poker thing, I'm feeling pretty helpless and frustrated. Feel like there is a large [censored] about to enter my ass. Has anyone gotten a similar email from UB of late?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: UB Locks My Acct to Investigate Possible Security Breach

So there is no reason at all that you aren't sharing that could set any kinds of alarms? If not, wow thats really [censored].
Old 10-30-2007, 06:22 PM

OK relax, there was a post here on 2+2 in the last 30-45 days about this exact same thing that happened to someone on UB. After about a week or so, everything turned out fine. This person got his account re-opened and all of his money back. Could someone please post a link to that post? Thanks.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:02 PM

I guess it's just the ominous security breach that bothers me. I definitely have done anything to cause suspicious. I don't do weird transfers and I don't have an infinite river aggression factor.

I will keep everyone updated with what happens. Being locked out of my account really sucks. At this point, I would just like to move my funds back to FT.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being locked out of my account really sucks. At this point, I would just like to move my funds back to FT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are kidding, right? Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire....

The idea of moving your funds to FTP because you don't like sites that freeze your account and fail to communicate with you is laughable.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:16 AM

At least on FTP I'm not worried about them actually stealing my money. On UB, I'm not confident I'll get my money back--which makes being locked out all the more stressful.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:21 AM

Was it this error message?

Internal Error 0x062063. Please contact Customer Support for assistance

This particular error number usually means that you got some splainin' to do. Have you transferred or been transferred any funds recently? If so, how sure are you that the funds were in no way tainted? Have you given anyone a 'loan' via chip dumping? This error is usually indicative of UB being suspicious of some activity regarding your account.

These type threads usually make for good drama. At first the poster is indignant, and then as the facts are revealed, comes to realize the error of his ways. Hope it's a mistake but if this is the error you got you gots some 'splainin' to do. Now that UB is associated with Absolute, if there is anything suspicious, in their eyes, between the 2 accounts, their security jumps in. Guilt by association with an account that they deem unworthy comes into play a lot. The fact that it takes their support such a long time to respond makes it necessary to avoid any possibility of triggering their security flags. They also share a 'negative database' with Bodog that has ensnared a few people.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:58 AM

Thanks for the response, that wasn't the message. I honestly don't think I've done anything that could have triggered their security.

What really worries me is their language, "security breach." I could be a victim here and they won't even tell me. I can't even get into my account to find out my balance.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:11 PM

Any updates?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:28 PM

Still nothing.

I'm not optimistic, based on reading sillysal's thread, that I'm going to hear back from them any time soon. My experiences w/ FT support have been much better than UB support. So I can only imagine how incompetent UB's investigation team will be.

There is one clown that has dumped a fair amount of money to me HU, but I don't want to name any names unless I were to find out that this person was doing something illicit.